This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Register now for the NOR + NER (Connecticut) In-Person Local Meetup!

Post by BrettC0
Dear Waze NOR & NER Community Members,

In our previous post, we announced that we're setting up a few Local In-Person Meetup pilots. 

Now, we’re excited to share some more details with you, as one of the events will take place in CONNECTICUT! :) 

Meetup Basic Details:
  • Event Date & Time: Sunday, November 14th, 2021 - 11:00am - 6:30pm (NYC Time Zone)
  • Event Location: New Haven, Connecticut. We’ll announce the location and address closer to the event.
  • REGISTER today! The registration to participate in-person is open until October 10th.
  • The Meetup is limited to a maximum of 30 in-person participants, so make sure to register ASAP to reserve your spot!
  • We’ll make sure that it’s possible to connect to the Meetup virtually, so everyone can attend from the local community. 

More Guidelines & Details - Please read carefully:
  • Waze will cover in this meetup one meal, snacks, drinks, parking lot and of course - cool SWAG :)
  • As part of the agenda, we will have Waze staff presentations and mainly content made by the local community members. Stay tuned for more information and detailed agenda closer to the event.
  • Waze will not cover a night stay at the hotel. 
  • All local COVID guidelines will be in effect according to the local regulations. 
  • Community members who participate in the event in-person must present a negative result of a PCR test performed up to 72 hours before the start of the Meetup, or a valid vaccination record at the door. Meaning, the PCR test must be performed after Thursday, November 11th at 3pm. 
  • We will perform fast COVID-19 tests to all participants upon arrival (in addition to the PCR tests).
  • Transportation reimbursement for fuel expenses will be provided only for participants that traveled more than 200 KM / 125 Miles in a single direction to and from the event using this reimbursement form
  • Waze will have a representative from the production company who will organize the event and be available on site.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,
Brett, on behalf of the Waze Communities Team

*Edited to update location and COVID guidelines. See reply below for further explanation. 

BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17975026

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1637223185-
Thank you for this,

I am particularly pleased to see the combination of both NAAT and Rapid Antigen testing requirement for participants safety. 

-It is my understanding that google corporate requires vaccination for all in person participants, will this apply to the volunteers attending?
-Hartford currently has a mask mandate for indoor activities, based on the time of the year is it safe to presume that this will be indoors?
-What safeguards will be in place regarding the privacy of the PCR information as this contains private information and HIPAA does not apply to scenarios like this?

Inactive user -1637223185-
Send a message
-
Happy_Brad
Volunteer Waze Map Editor

♩Dont Worry Be Happy♫

Welcome to Waze Map Editing |

Post by BrettC0
Hi everyone, 

We have updated our COVID guidelines to allow more options and better protect participants' privacy. 

First, we want to ensure everyone's privacy, which is why we are no longer asking participants to submit any test results or vaccine records to a form.
Participants will have 2 steps to enter the event: 
1. Present a negative PCR test conducted 72 hours before the event, OR a vaccine record. This information will not be recorded, and only seen by necessary check-in staff to confirm the result or record.
2. Take a quicktest after step 1 is completed. 

To further expand on the update to the requirements for step 1, our goal is to limit the possibility of someone making the effort to travel to the event, only to show up and be turned away due to a positive quicktest result. Being vaccinated or having a negative PCR result drastically lowers the chances of that scenario happening.

We also want to respect participants' health choices, and to give options for all to be able to participate, which is why we changed the requirement to either a PCR test or a vaccine record. These documents will not be recorded to respect everyone's privacy, and only need to be shown to check-in staff for entry. 

Additionally, we want to provide participants with as much peace of mind as we can that this will be a safe-as-possible event, which is why we are asking for participants to take heightened screening measures which may be more than what local guidelines require. 

We want this Meetup pilot to be an amazingly fun and safe experience for everyone involved. We deeply appreciate your flexibility as we figure out the best way to bring the community back together, 

Brett, on behalf of the Waze Communities Team

BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Chronos74
@BrettCO - the registration form says GLR, MAR Region meetup. I didn't notice until after I filled it out.
Chronos74  
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dude495
Chronos74 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:47 pm @BrettCO - the registration form says GLR, MAR Region meetup. I didn't notice until after I filled it out.

Shows correct for me
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Dan B - Texas AM - New York SM - Pakistan Coordinator/Local Champ
Waze New York & NYC Social Media
New York Partnerships Coordinator
Pakistan Community Booster
iOS & WME ßeta Tester
Waze USA & Pakistan Mentor

https://i.ibb.co/2KztPb6/forumsig.png

Post by harrypotter418
The note about the PCR test says it must be done November 4th after 3pm, but that should be November 11th to be within 72-hours. 

harrypotter418
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message