Post by shaipalNinja
Dear Iain,

Shai from the UX team,

We don't know each other, but your words touched me deeply. I take pride in working for a company that is thriving based on an outstanding community with superstars like you. 

I take comfort in knowing that you led very meaningful life and send a strong hug from Tel Aviv ❤️
shaipalNinja
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
Dear Iainhouse,

For almost a decade you have been a Waze Global Champ.

From your famous "Communication" post, to your scripts which changed the way thousands of editors use the WME, to your 11K+ posts - it’s no wonder that you are one of the most thanked Wazers on the forum 8-)

We were all struck and saddened by the news of your illness and count ourselves lucky to have gotten the chance to meet you at so many meetups over the years. 

It is with our deepest gratitude that we share with you our well-wishes and are here to offer any support we can.

Thank you for everything you’ve done and are still doing for the community.

You are a true Waze Champion and having you as part of the community has changed us all for the better. 

With great love and appreciation,

Shira on behalf of the Waze Communities Team

shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shmupi
Thank you Iain once again.

You made a huge impact to our Waze experience.

Always enjoyed to express our frustrations together in Waze meetups and "wake" Waze staff up :)

Thanks again,
Shmupi  
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SNYOWL
I want to thank you for your post, which I'm sure was difficult to write. The Waze community around the world thanks you for your contributions. Although we never met, there is a connection we share having been a part of the same community. I hope that you find comfort knowing that lived your life with no regrets. You don't know the full impact of how your life influenced others.  I pray that you have peace as you take this final journey.

SNYOWL
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Wow.

Just.... wow.  I'm completely stunned by this news. :(

I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said here.  But you've made an incredible impact on the Waze editing community as a whole with your scripts and support (and I hope whoever takes over mentor-ship of those scripts does as good a job with them as you did).

Thank you for everything you've done.  You'll be sorely missed by an awful lot of us.

SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
A sad day for us all, truly. :cry:  My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by tcalvert317
Iain,

First and foremost I want you to know that you will be prayed for from San Antonio, Texas. Of course I pray for a complete healing, while also knowing that complete healings only exist on the other side of eternity. Second, I have been blessed by engaging in the Waze community. To me, map editing is a way to love people by helping them go about their daily lives in a less stressful and life giving way. Personally, I have received so much from people in the community, which I am so grateful for. I have walked a very difficult path for almost ten years now, and your messages have deeply touched me at the culmination of a very difficult time. Your grateful, appreciate heart is evident throughout your posts. It sounds like you have lived not a perfect life, but one that has most certainly been full, while projecting hope to struggle for what is right and meaningful, and makes a difference for good. Especially in context of how much pain and suffering exists in our world, and even in our homes, I am inspired by your story to continue to hope in the face the darkest and most terrify events we all must face. I don't think I will ever look at this community the same after reading your posts. Thank you so much!!!

May God bless you, from a kindred spirit who just wants to make whatever corner of the world he touches a little more full of light, hope, and left better than when he arrived.

Ted

tcalvert317
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by TerritoryKate
Iain,

I started editing at around the same time as you when I lived in the UK (back when I was K80POO).  I remember very early on that you helped this very eager but awful map editor to gain some skills.  It was a shock to read this post, however I have also been on the end of a cancer diagnosis and know the peace you get when you work through it after the initial "Oh Sh!t" first thought.

I thought I would say thank you for being open and honest.  Often people hide away, not wanting to upset others and hiding these hard topics away.  We all die at some point, some know how long or how, some don't, but eventually we all do.  My mission was to spread awareness and get people to "get the girls checked" but breast cancer is a very different beast, and I hope that your honest post can inspire others to get checked out too, whatever those niggling thoughts tell them that something is going on.

Good luck in the coming weeks.  It sounds like you have made your peace.  You have made your mark on the Waze community over the years and I hope the coming weeks are kind to you and you have a great team around you and your family.

Kate.
TerritoryKate
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by TheBarracuda
Hello Iain,

Barak from Waze SRE team here.

I've been reading through your farewell thread and while saddened, I take comfort in knowing that you led very meaningful life, impacted so many and did so much for the greater good.

Your written words reflect a very strong personality and I admire your courage. 

Wishing you all the best, in this world and beyond, 
Barak 

TheBarracuda
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by titchy_
OMG  :o
  :(
 Had a period away from Waze in the latter part of last year. Only just became aware of Iain's passing from someone's signature!

So sad to read this. In my short time as an editor Iain was instrumental in helping me learn the ropes. He always took the time to explain things in detail and I respected that from such a highly esteemed character.

May you rest in peace, your family find happiness and your legacy live on forever.
titchy_
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

UK Country Manager
Yorkshire • Cumbria • Channel Islands

https://i.imgur.com/nW244c6.png