1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in San Mateo, California

Post by atflory
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... 28.2254203
Reason: I don't know how long ago I submitted this change, but it has yet to be moderated.  Currently as you drive to Safeway via De Anza, Waze tells you you've arrived before you even reach Parrot Dr.  I would like the location for Safeway to be updated so that you can actually reach the front door.  No one has yet to review.
Unlock to level:

Thank you in advance,

atflory

POSTER_ID:15875371

Send a message

Post by abc1357
Hello Atflory,

I just did a route to the Safeway at 100 De Anza Blvd, San Mateo, and Waze routes me correctly to the front door, so someone had already approved whatever changes that were already put in.

NOTE that if you have had searched for and routed to this Safeway previously, Waze stores the location in the local cache, even if the location is wrong.  You'll need to delete this cached copy before Waze will download a corrected location.  Please do the following:
  • Delete all instances of this Safeway from your recent searches by tapping My Waze on the lower left, scrolling up until you see the location, tap the 3 dots on the right, and select the trashcan to delete it. Keep doing this until all instances of this Safeway is removed
  • If you have set this Safeway as a home or work or favorite/saved place, please delete this also.
  • Please tap My Waze in the lower left and tap the "Where to?". Type in "Safeway, De Anza, San Mateo" to do a search again. You should see a teardrop shape on the left. If you see a star, that means that the location is still in your favorites/saved places list and it needs to be deleted. If you see a clock, that means that the location is still in your recent search list and it needs to be deleted.

Hopefully, this should resolve the issue.

Route to Safeway.jpg
(44.53 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by atflory
Thanks, this is helpful. I do have this saved as one of my "Favorites", so I'll delete it and try again.
atflory
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Just to reiterate...make sure you search by name. Searching by address brings you to the closest point on the street.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)