Forum to submit Unlock and Update Requests in Australia.
Contributers are to follow the there stated rules.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post.
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated.
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Include your editor rank
5. Thank the user who solved the request (thumbs-up button) and mark the thread Solved when verified complete (checkmark/accept answer button).

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Sydney, New South Wales Map update request

Post by K1ngChan
Hi Editors,

I'll appreciate your help with a map update.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&l ... ,207200141
Reason: The segment B -> A on Loftus St is only allowed to make a left turn into Custom House Ln, whilst the two lanes from A -> B is straight on, or turn right into Custom House Ln
Editor Rank: 1

Thank you in advance,

K1ngChan

POSTER_ID:17902840

Send a message

Post by GBSpeedy1305
Thanks for checking out what has changed here KingChan.

I think I have made the edits you requested. (Do you mind double checking in WME please?)

I also changed Loftus Lane to 10 km/h (I saw a 10km/h shared space sign at both ends of the two way lane)
Did you happen to see a similar sign at Custom House Lane?

I will need to put the Vivid Closure back on in a couple of days (but hopefully the adjacent closures will be enough in the mean time)

GBSpeedy1305
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 6
Send a message

Post by K1ngChan
Loftus St is now a dead end street, and Custom House Ln is no longer just walk path, you're able to access to Young St.

Now they have road markings, travelling north on Loftus St you have a left lane that points straight to the end of the road (still can turn left onto Reiby Pl), and a right-turn lane onto Custom House Ln.

Travelling south is the right lane north of Custom House Ln that turns left onto it. So they're forcing any car that does a U-turn at the end of Loftus St to turn into Custom House Ln.

I might have to suss out Loftus Lane and see if there was any changes to it (one-way or not), would be a good way to come back to the other end of Loftus St.

K1ngChan
Send a message

Post by K1ngChan
I've checked on Loftus Lane, the north section https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&l ... =207200323 is now a walk path, the rest of Loftus Lane is still accessible both ways.

And Custom House Ln is one-way towards Young St.
K1ngChan
Send a message

Post by K1ngChan
It looks all good! I think part of the closure has Loftus St north of Custom House Ln inaccessible.

I believe I did see a 10k sign for Custom House Ln, but not really sure, can check on it early next week
K1ngChan
Send a message

Post by K1ngChan
There's no 10k or Shared Zone sign for Custom House Ln
K1ngChan
Send a message

Post by LostInMyMaps
Hey K1ngChan,

Thanks for your report. I'm having difficult understanding the change that you'd like made here. When I look at the map now, it is currently a walking path only from Loftus St into Custom House Lane - which is based off the old satellite images and Google Maps streetview data that we're allowed to use. Are you saying this has now changed? If so, could you tell us more about the changes to the area? Is it open to all traffic or limited? Is it one-way only? If you are nearby, are you able to share any photos or other information with us?

Once again, thanks for helping to improve the map. Look forward to your reply.
LostInMyMaps
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 7
Send a message
Brendan (LostInMyMaps)
Global Champ, Coordinator, Volunteer Map Editor
Waze Australia

https://i.imgur.com/pdUHgo3.png

Join me in the Waze Australia Discord Server | Australia Wiki | New Aussie Editor Link