These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

EV charging station Ad campaign

Post by delilush
 Hi Everyone,

In December we received inquiries from Coordinators and Global Champs regarding articles about an Ad Campaign by Volkswagen for electric vehicle charging stations. We received questions about whether this will replace a future EV charging station feature at Waze, so I wanted to clarify with all Map Editors. This was a two-week paid partnership campaign with Volkswagen to highlight EV charging stations around the US using Ad Pins. The campaign was for a limited time and only available in the US.

This campaign does not replace our need for an electric vehicle charging station feature or more Waze support of EVs in general. Once we start working on the feature, your feedback will be critical in understanding what kind of data we need to surface (i.e. plug types) and you will be involved in mapping and validating data that is added to the Waze map.

Please let me know if you have any questions around this.

Best,
Daliah

delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17392348

Send a message

Post by Hugo_Moreira
Thank you for extending the information on this subject to all users.

This way we can redirect user questions to this thread.

https://c.tenor.com/pS_wARVlR8kAAAAC/we ... ble-me.gif

Hugo_Moreira
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by subs5
Daliah,
  Thanks, while working on the EV charging station addition to the app, it might be worth it to have it flexible enough to have other fuel sources too since Hydrogen powered vehicles are being displayed by some manufacturers like Toyota.  The flexibility to easily add other types should pay off in the long run.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message