These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze always flips to "South up" when first launched

Post by Zunkman
EVERY time I launch Waze, the map comes up on the screen, and then immediately flips itself around so that South is Up.  This is before I touch the screen at all,   It does not matter which direction I am actually facing.  This happens EVERY time I launch the app.  I do not have "North up" selected because I like "track up".  

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Thanks!
Zunkman

POSTER_ID:1560559

Send a message

Post by proffa71
Zunkman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:07 pm EVERY time I launch Waze, the map comes up on the screen, and then immediately flips itself around so that South is Up.  This is before I touch the screen at all,   It does not matter which direction I am actually facing.  This happens EVERY time I launch the app.  I do not have "North up" selected because I like "track up".  

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'd suggest with reset of your phone's compass and A-GPS with this instruction 
You didn't mention are you talking about Android but I would think there are some similar procedures for iPhone too which can be found with googling now when there are some suitable keywords to use.

proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/YBXHRYv/Banner1-5-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by world_62y1z97u
same here, with Android auto. on my screen in the car navigation (Android auto) , i want always to see that North is up
world_62y1z97u
Send a message

Post by Zunkman
Thanks for the idea, but I've already tried that. Matter of fact, I factory reset my phone (Android) and still get the same behavior.
Zunkman
Send a message