Empower your map edits! Learn how "Suggest an Edit" unlocks new possibilities on  March 10th Office Hours
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze starts lagging after a few minutes on Apple Carplay

Post by
Hardware:
- new VW Arteon Shooting brake with latest firmware and DiscoveryPro infotainment system
- Apple iPhone 13 with latest iOS 15.2.1 installed.
- using original iPhone cable, same problem with wireless connection

Still having the same issue described here (seriously lagging seconds behind after a few moments):

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/waze ... 71680.html

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/just ... 78051.html

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/carp ... 79823.html

When is this finally going to be solved so I can start using my beloved Waze again and don't have to use the onboard (crappy) VW GPS-system

Update:
Screenshot from AppleCarplay after a few moments and the reply from Apple Customer Support
Update 15.3 didn't solve the issue

2022-01-28_17-19-06.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

POSTER_ID:17166577

Send a message

Post by 54d86cec4a754ca19709ab5e4998db7c
I'm also dealing with this. On long distance trips, I'll find that the app lags by several minutes causing me to miss my exits.

Frustrating to the point that I've given up on using my beloved Waze for Apple maps. 

I am using an iPhone 15 Pro (USB-C) in a 2020 Kia Telluride. I had the same issue with my previous phone (iPhone 13) and had hoped that an upgrade would fix the issue. Nope. Still happens.
54d86cec4a754ca19709ab5e4998db7c
Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1691309409-
Try deleting Waze from CarPlay ( on the iphone CarPlay app list ) it will be still available on CarPlay after few connections and disconnections ( try a new navigation... search for Waze on CarPlay... force it to start ) and then it will work with flawlessly with no lags after I did that ! Even with carlinkit.
Inactive user -1691309409-
Send a message

Post by adams972Lol
world_wxt5o5gl wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:05 pm This is the same issue I was having on my 72 plate 3 series.
last week an BMW idrive update came through and I installed yesterday but still lagging/locking up (also installed latested Waze version).
However, today it worked all day with no freezing. All I had changed was the app permissions on my IPhone from “location when using” to “always”.
so I’m not sure if it needed the CarPlay update and Waze update but the magic happened after changing the IPhone permissions.
Today I drove about 250 miles and normally it loses track after 10-15 minutes.
Hopefully this may help others?

Trying this today.  Would make perfect sense that this would be the issue.
adams972Lol
Send a message

Post by alec_bb
Same problem here with
- iOS 15.7 iPhone 7
- Waze 4.87
- VW Passat 2022 with navigation version 809

alec_bb
Send a message

Post by asfaltfeeling
Have the exact same issue with a 2022 passat with discoverpro. 

tried different iPhones. Different cables. Have reinstalled. Have tried cable and wireless. No difference. It always lags. The phone gets very warm. The touch screen is unresponsive even before the graphics start to deteriorate in the car screen. It sometimes takes 1min. Sometimes 10. The car Symbol is always lagging behind on the screen. 

have updated everything. 
asfaltfeeling
Send a message

Post by aszommer
I also have severe, 5-8sec lag problem with iPhone 11  and Honda Jazz 2022 over wireless CarPlay. The lag is there rigth after strating the navigation. The same with Goggle maps.
This bug makes Waze completely useless with CarPlay. I cannot understand why this issue is ignored by Waze developers.

Or, is this topic read by anyone from Waze? Can we expect any response?
aszommer
Send a message

Post by babby38
I have the same issue. 2019 Ford Edge and now a 2022 Ford Explorer. I thought this was because I was using a wireless CarPlay adapter. Some work better then others, but none are perfect. Please fix this. I'll send logs. I will help. I drive around 35k miles a year. That's real world data. 
babby38
Send a message

Post by buoman
I have the same problem with a Renault Captur 2022.

iPhone 13 pro and iOS 16.4. 

The use of Waze makes CarPlay unusable after a few minutes.

The screen no longer has any reaction or at times it takes at least 30 seconds to have a reaction. It's unusable.
buoman
Send a message

Post by dannNinja78
Same issue here with Iphone 13 Pro Max and VW Golf 8 R. Car’s position on the map is about 5-10 seconds behind and it glitches a lot. Tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling the app to becoming a beta tester in an attempt to sort the issue, but nothing changed. No problems with any other app, just waze, plugged or wirelessly. Currently running V 4.87.1.0.

Is this ever going to get sorted?

A6B80CFA-FCA4-4592-B0AA-FCCAE2576998.jpeg
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 129 times

dannNinja78
Send a message

Post by dannNinja78
dannNinja78 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:35 pm Same issue here with Iphone 13 Pro Max and VW Golf 8 R. Car’s position on the map is about 5-10 seconds behind and it glitches a lot. Tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling the app to becoming a beta tester in an attempt to sort the issue, but nothing changed. No problems with any other app, just waze, plugged or wirelessly. Currently running V 4.87.1.0.

Is this ever going to get sorted?

A6B80CFA-FCA4-4592-B0AA-FCCAE2576998.jpeg

Still no answer in almost 6 months. I understand this might be a complicated issue, involving updates to the manufacturers’ infotainment software, but this has been going on for too long. There’s been countless updates, and still, no one seems to care about this issue, which isn’t mildly annoying, but rather makes the app unusable. 

Is anyone from Waze still reading this thread? If so, please listen to the community’s request to solve this, it’s really bad for Waze’s reliability, and overall credibility. We’ve tried sorting it on our own but a simple restart/uninstall does nothing, and we need your help!

dannNinja78
Send a message