Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

[FOLLOW UP] Office Hours 2022 Annual Kickoff w/ Waze Leads

Post by BrettC0
Greetings Wazers, and thanks for joining us today for our Annual Kickoff with Waze Leads!

We had an amazing time connecting with you and answering your questions, and I can speak on behalf Neha, Gai, and Hila that they sincerely appreciated your questions, and the opportunity to share their thoughts and plans for this year with you all. 

If you haven't had a chance to see the episode, CLICK HERE and catch it on YouTube

Now, on to the fun part. As Neha mentioned, we'd really appreciate your feedback into what was presented, along with any other thoughts you'd like to share. 
For your reference, here is the 2022 overview that Neha presented: 

High-Level Goals for 2022

Focusing  our efforts on areas we know matter based on your feedback, our users and our data
  • Sustainability (EV and more)
  • App quality and reliability
  • In-Car technology
  • Gamification
  • Fully realizing “half-baked” features
  • Moving Carpool to a smaller, regional experiment to put Waze core back into focus

Other Goals
  • Growing our active markets, and bringing in new users and editors
  • More Local Data and features to better support our communities

Please comment below and share your feedback on what we have planned for 2022!
(I've posted this to the Community Forum instead of Official Announcements so that you all have a chance to comment)

We have lots of great programming in store for you this year, so make sure to like and subscribe to our YouTube channel, and check back here on the Announcements Forum for when we post new episode topics. 

Thank you again for your amazing questions, and for making everything we do at Waze special  :D

Here's to an amazing 2022!
Brett, on behalf of the Waze Communities Team

BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17975026

Send a message

Post by BrettC0
FasterinoSpeederino wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:55 pm
JoeRodriguez12 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:20 pm Thank you for recording and letting us watch later on! Super glad to see EV was heavily mentioned and a big focus for this year. Also glad to see app reliability and gamification being talked about more. Was sad to see the friends feature depreciated and no real replacement coming but hoping the other gamification efforts make up for it

In addition, I really appreciate planned improvements for Waze on in-car systems in order to stay competitive. I really looking forward to seeing progress in all the different fields.
I must say I'm also sad about the denial of a new friends feature, I would see it as a great opportunity for Waze to get new users and bind existing users to the plattform with many possibilities to build gamification around it. At least, I think the reasons behind the decision would be very informative for us to hear.

Lastly, I wonder whether the new Waze chat is indeed already available for all users here on the Waze forums as announced at the end of the Office Hours. I still only see the old pm system.

Thanks @FasterinoSpeederino

The new chat is currently in pre-beta, and will be opening to Beta next week. Then, after about another week of testing we plan to take it live. 

My apologies for not being clear during the session!
BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Interesting presentation and comments.  Keep up the good work.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by FasterinoSpeederino
JoeRodriguez12 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:20 pm Thank you for recording and letting us watch later on! Super glad to see EV was heavily mentioned and a big focus for this year. Also glad to see app reliability and gamification being talked about more. Was sad to see the friends feature depreciated and no real replacement coming but hoping the other gamification efforts make up for it

In addition, I really appreciate planned improvements for Waze on in-car systems in order to stay competitive. I really looking forward to seeing progress in all the different fields.
I must say I'm also sad about the denial of a new friends feature, I would see it as a great opportunity for Waze to get new users and bind existing users to the plattform with many possibilities to build gamification around it. At least, I think the reasons behind the decision would be very informative for us to hear.

Lastly, I wonder whether the new Waze chat is indeed already available for all users here on the Waze forums as announced at the end of the Office Hours. I still only see the old pm system.
FasterinoSpeederino
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
Regards,
FasterinoSpeederino | Germany

Main Area Thuringia
Closure Manager Hessen
Beta Leader | WME Beta | Localization | TTS Expert
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... f/WAZE.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/GcdpWtz/Beta-Leader-200px-1.pngdownload/file.php?id=67268

Wazeopedia-DE

Post by francrubio
First of all thank you very much for the recording.
 On this occasion I could not witness the call live.  

It is a great detail that we receive this information directly from the hands of the Waze Heads.  

I have one question.
In some call I mentioned it but I think it went unnoticed, any idea about adding the possibility of receiving badges in NFT format for the gamification plans?

francrubio
Send a message

Post by francrubio
nayparks wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:56 am 3) There was a comment on NFTs- this is definitely a live discussion right now at Waze! Not sure where it'll go but we're thinking about it. 

I just saw this 
https://www.getproud.io/

and it's just what I immagined.

francrubio
Send a message

Post by Horizon911
Brett wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:36 pmHigh-Level Goals for 2022

Focusing  our efforts on areas we know matter based on your feedback, our users and our data
  • Sustainability (EV and more)
  • App quality and reliability
  • In-Car technology
  • Gamification
  • Fully realizing “half-baked” features
  • Moving Carpool to a smaller, regional experiment to put Waze core back into focus

Other Goals
  • Growing our active markets, and bringing in new users and editors
  • More Local Data and features to better support our communities
Just a few thoughts:
  • 2202 focus areas: I see there a big promise of positive change; I would love to see the core fixed, strengthened and than growing. I look forward to see how they galvanize into specific features. :)
  • Current Waze ambitions and strategy: These are big question marks for me... I cannot find it anywhere in the slides... Not sure if it was mentioned verbally. Where do you want to have Waze app in next few years? Should it be "the best navigation app"? Or "the most innovative navigation"? Or both? Or something else? What's the strategy to achieve it? How do these 2022 focus-areas suport that strategy?
  • EVs vs. Waze: This story is a lot about driver groups awaiting the proper Waze support. EV drivers are lucky now. The question is if Waze is interested in other groups.

Other than that: It's very good and exciting to see the change coming. :)

Horizon911
Send a message

Post by hurocom
I liked the subjects presented at the office hours. In the near future I hope I'll can change the price of the electric charge of the EV stations.
I'm worried about the chat in the app, it will be dangerous if the wazers use it while they are driving or at a red light.
I want the integration of the app and Apple Car Play A.S.A.P.

Thank you very much for you kindness.

hurocom
Send a message

Post by jm6087
Thanks Neha, Brett, Gai, and Hila for a fantastic presentation.

While I agree that EV is important and needs work, I am not sure how much of an impact it will have on the vast majority of the users.

I would prioritize better AA/CP experience since I believe it is used by much more app users.    One of the biggest issues I have with AA/CP is the lack of notifications. 

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JoeRodriguez12
Thank you for recording and letting us watch later on! Super glad to see EV was heavily mentioned and a big focus for this year. Also glad to see app reliability and gamification being talked about more. Was sad to see the friends feature depreciated and no real replacement coming but hoping the other gamification efforts make up for it

I’m also glad to see Carpool being restructured. As popular as it may be in some countries, focusing on Waze core will improve everything about Waze😃

edit: Would never mind a new pair of Waze socks😉
JoeRodriguez12
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
US Global Champ: USA
Regional Coordinator: GLR
GLR Collaboration Liaison - Waze Socks Guy
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester

https://a18ed246-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... directs=00
Welcome Page Illinois Michigan
Illinois Waze Facebook Illinois Waze Twitter