Waze Support ND4C Regulation- Heads Up And Community Involvement

Post by hannah_mo
Hey Localizers,  

TL;DR- Waze will comply with the ND4C (New deal for consumers regulation) in 11 European countries and we'd like the community to get involved!
More info in this deck. You can share your feedback on the text, in this sheet.

-------

What is ND4C and how Waze will support it?

To comply with the new European Union regulation, Waze will provide 1:1 support using a Toll Free Number (TFN) and email channels, in EU languages (11 languages / countries), by May 28, 2022.

Users will be able to contact Waze about account related issues, in their local language, through a toll free number/email.

Community involvement: 

If you want to help and give feedback about the new automated prompt voice sentences please use this sheet.

Later on, we would like to have your feedback on the automated prompt voice recording and the new 'Report an issue' form and the toll free number.

If you have any questions please let us know.

We appreciate your cooperation and thank you in advance for helping us in this task! 

All the best,
Hannah 

hannah_mo

POSTER_ID:18032131

Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Hi, is the link to "this folder" missing on Slide #7 ? Or where should we listen to the files from?
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Italian looks good (apart "prema 2....o" instead of "prema 2... o"), but if it's read by a real person and not by TTS it will be fine.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by goncalovm76
robindlc wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:44 pm We see no tab in Spanish.. I guess it is because in the 5 principal languages it is going to be done by professionals. Is it correct?

Hola @robindlc !

You have the Spanish translation on the "All languages tab"  :) I just reviewed the ones in PT  :)

Un saludo!

goncalovm76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
goncalovm76 - Global Champ, Beta Leader, Mentor, Localization Coord.
Gonçalo Ventura Martins

Post by goncalovm76
Hello @hannah_mo !

All done and reviewed for Pt_PT Portuguese!

Thanks, and best regards,

goncalovm76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
goncalovm76 - Global Champ, Beta Leader, Mentor, Localization Coord.
Gonçalo Ventura Martins

Post by hannah_mo
Thanks for your comment! More info in this deck/ you can take a look in this sheet.
hannah_mo
Send a message

Post by hannah_mo
Just to clarify, only the languages listed individually in the tabs at the bottom of the sheet are in need of being reviewed.

If you are curious and your language is not listed individually, you can check it in the All Languages tab -  but keep in mind that text has already been reviewed.

Thanks for all your attention to this matter- we really appreciate your help! 

hannah_mo
Send a message

Post by LostInMyMaps
I added some notes on the English on the Czech tab.

LostInMyMaps
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 7
Send a message
Brendan (LostInMyMaps)
Global Champ, Coordinator, Volunteer Map Editor
Waze Australia

https://i.imgur.com/pdUHgo3.png

Join me in the Waze Australia Discord Server | Australia Wiki | New Aussie Editor Link

Post by robindlc
We see no tab in Spanish.. I guess it is because in the 5 principal languages it is going to be done by professionals. Is it correct?

If you need any help from your community, just let us know  ;)

Thanks
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by robindlc
hannah_mo wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:36 am Just to clarify, only the languages listed individually in the tabs at the bottom of the sheet are in need of being reviewed.

If you are curious and your language is not listed individually, you can check it in the All Languages tab -  but keep in mind that text has already been reviewed.

Thanks for all your attention to this matter- we really appreciate your help! 

I know it has been reviewed, but for Spanish-ES we suggest to change the hours from american to european standard, as you did with Italy, Germany, France, Portugal... (all european countries but us indeed).  We do not use AM and PM. We use the 24 hours system :)

Thanks
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message