Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

New Editor version 2.104

Post by
Hi Everyone,

We've released a new WME editor v2.104.

Looking forward to your feedback!  :geek:

Quick Overview (more details below):

Known issue

We are releasing this version with a known issue:  Warning messages are frozen (sticky) on the top bar, which many of you expressed as taking unnecessary space. We are working on a solution internally.

Community suggestions:
This release includes 6 Community Suggestions!

Bug Fixes:
  • Selected segment(s) length rounds to nearest whole number (but shouldn't) (Community bug ID: 215768427). 
  • Unable to generate a place update request (Community bug ID: 228523682).
  • New “Auto lock level” button design breaks for some languages.
  • Lanes adding/editing is blocked after the user zoomed out -> zoomed in.
  • Direction labels are overlapping each other.

New features/enhancements:
  • The new style for the  “Address edit view" and “Add alternative address” panels introduced. 
  • New style changes: customize lock editor & direction editor chip colors.
  • Style adjustments: aligned icons tooltips colors & sizes in the segment editor.
  • A new Speed Camera icon and a new design for the  "verify speed limit" button.
  • Style improvements: decrease speed limit input width and add some space.
  • New style  for the Junction Box exits introduced.
  • Make the left panel sidebar background  white by default.
  • New design for “Segment feature” tabs (namely: General, Closures, Lanes & Road Width).
  •  Introduced new style and added icons to the map entities in the left panel.
  • The new  style and the icon with a string “No closure in here yet” for the empty state in the Closure tab.
  • New style and new icons for the Events left panel.
  • New style for "Advanced Preferences" menu element.
  • Design changes for Venue panel elements. 
  • Re-add max length counters for city and street name inputs.
  • Allow to resize the comment textarea.
  • New font for the text button “View History”  for toggling segment history.
  • Reduced size of description category in the Venues panel.
  • Design changes for the “Contributors” section.
  • Dots vs icons now are displayed according to zoom level.
  • Update Place Icons in the WME Header.
  • Tooltips for the places layer:  places >”public place names” and “parking lots place names” .

Design changes: 
We want to highlight you that your opinion and thoughts about new design improvements are welcomed, and that we will pass them on to designers and developers. 

This is the link to the release notes.

Thank you,
Nataliia

POSTER_ID:17884482

Send a message

Post by abc1357
nataliiaPi wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:18 am
abc1357 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:52 am I am seeing black boxes pop in and out on the lower left whenever I select a segment - running without any scripts or extensions on Chrome.

Please see video recording

Hi abc1357,

Thank you for the report. Did you notice this problem only with the new WME version? Could you also provide a permalink to segments, where the issue occurs? 

Best,
Nataliia

This is the general area of the report.  Note that it will look different from the youtube video because I was adding a new development yesterday.  I do not remember seeing it in previous WME versions.

These black boxes do not only show up in that area alone.  I tried it here and here.  Selecting any of the segments in these locations also have the black boxes pop up.  I suspect the problem shows up, at the minimum, in NA, if not in ROW.

abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bluemigui
Cut segment feature in the toolbox not working in the new WME. Even if all scripts are disabled. 
When clicked got notification of "No Segment Selected"

289100755_351721323745569_5283006180494841943_n.jpg
(582.83 KiB) Downloaded 1052 times

bluemigui
Send a message

Post by BtBalways
In UK I now cannot add Real Time Closures, even to lowest level roads, let alone L4 in my Managed Area!
BtBalways
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by BtBalways
nataliiaPi wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:10 am
BtBalways wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:39 am In UK I now cannot add Real Time Closures, even to lowest level roads, let alone L4 in my Managed Area!

Hi BtBalways,

Thank you for the report. Could you please try to recreate the issue and record a video? Also please send the permalink to segment, where you were adding closures. 

Best,
Nataliia

Advice from more capable Editor results in having to choose 'None' for event instead of it being either selected by script or default.

Apologies and thanks for response.

Report withdrawn.
BtBalways
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by ChopStiR
Newbie Query, I'm curious about the removal of speed from red light cameras. All of the red light camers where I live are also speed cameras.
ChopStiR
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ChopStiR
Found an issue with creeks and rivers where the place label does not hover over the polygon due to the nature of the polygon. In several instances I've found the label is several hundred metres off.
ChopStiR
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Crew_Rest
Edit House Numbers appears to not work.
Crew_Rest
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
L3

Post by Crew_Rest
Yep! Scripts. Thanks
Crew_Rest
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
L3

Post by damienpeden
Webs101 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:27 pm The new Road Type menu is a pain in the ass compared to the previous version. Too much scrolling is required for parking-lot roads, in particular.

I agree on this one. If we're made to scroll it then can you make it when we click the dropdown we get a search box that we can filter options by? That will make it faster to find options without having to scroll.

Also a UI bug on this, if you select the dropdown and then click anywhere else on the screen it closes the dropdown but the select still has an active status with the arrow facing up and the blue line underneath and you have to click it twice to re-open it (first click to reset the state and second to open again)
damienpeden
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message