[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.2.1 2017-08-16

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Postby Webs101 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:53 am

Okay, how do you do it in Tools?
Webs101
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Webs101 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 am

I've read this thread three times and being new to this extension, I still can't figure it out.

Does 0.0.8.2 fix lollipop loops or not? If so, how do you do it? I can't figure it out by playing with it.
Webs101
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.7.5 Dec 23 2012

Postby vectorspace » Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
esochan wrote:There seems to be an issue with JNF0.0.7.5 today. With it on, I cannot enable/disable individual turn restrictions. With it off, I have no problems doing so.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Nope. I was editing on both infrastructures this morning with no problems. I'll clear cache and check again later.

Yes -- Same thing here. I just reported it in the beta editor forum as a likely code change with the beta code because the JNF code did not change. See my post there. I just now found out that it is not working in the regular editor (not beta) as well, so maybe Waze updated both the beta and regular code to cause a problem with JNF. It is not just the code, but the accurate display of turn restriction arrows.

In addition, I found out that for a dead-end segment with no end junction, JNF does not work any longer in adding an end junction and making the road two-way. This was one of the coolest features, along with splitting a loop without nodes. I don't know of the loop without nodes feature works.

Only difference is that this just happened to me today. Back on the 18th everything was fine.

Ugh... this is like being paralyzed in editing efficiency!
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby vectorspace » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 pm

bgodette wrote:
vectorspace wrote:The only determent I have found is that one could go wild just squashing red arrows, or perhaps forget and use it in the wrong place, and many times around divided roads, highway ramps, and the like, those red arrows are really necessary to impose valid turn restrictions.
Well since it doesn't change existing turn restrictions, I don't see how that's a problem.

You're absolutely right, I misspoke. This is not something to do with the node fixer script. I was thinking of the broader issue of someone pressing "qw" all over the place... a general issue for the full editor comment I was trying to express. I could see how an uninformed editor could wipe out valid turn restrictions without knowing it.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby vectorspace » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:54 am

bgodette,

This is a great script that solves so many things and can be used in so many ways while editing for various reasons. Great work. Thank you. I think Waze should adopt this into the editor itself, but only as something that can be activated by sophisticated users.

The only determent I have found is that one could go wild just squashing red arrows, or perhaps forget and use it in the wrong place, and many times around divided roads, highway ramps, and the like, those red arrows are really necessary to impose valid turn restrictions.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby timbucks » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:01 pm

iainhouse wrote:
doctorkb wrote:It depends on your jurisdiction.

+1

In the UK, the vast majority of currently enabled u-turns appear on single segment streets at junctions where u-turns are physically impossible. I suspect that they have all been created by users effectively doing a 3-point turn at the junction using one of the connected segments - all within too small a space for GPS resolution to see what's happened. Waze then soft-enables a u-turn.

The result is that the client will (if it wants to turn the driver around), try to route them to do a u-turn where none is possible. Of course another issue is that the client can't actually give a u-turn instruction yet, but that's a whole other discussion. ;)

At the few junctions (compared to the total number of them) where u-turns might be possible, they're specifically forbidden more often than not. That's simply because our ancient UK roads don't normally have wide enough carriageways or dividers to make it easy to do. From a UK perspective (and I fully understand that this does not apply worldwide), I would far rather JNF removed u-turns and I had to put them back afterwards - it would be the most efficient way to work here.

I'm sure we'd miss enabling some u-turns that are OK, but MPs and URs will help to alert us to the realistically small number that are actually legal here.

I'd better stop turning round like that then! Maybe if the client just said "turn around when safe and legal" rather than using the phrase u-turn. To me a u-turn is any manoeuvre that gets you facing back on yourself (reversing into a side street and then driving out is a u-turn in all but name)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
timbucks

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.9.6 2014-12-23

Postby Timbones » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am

Murilo-Carvalho wrote:I mean, when I click in a node [which has some issues, e.g. soft turn] which was highlighted by Validator, for instance, and then I press "q" nothing happens.
But, with the same node selected, I can see in the left panel the link by JNF "Automatically fix node (Q)"
And, when click on this link, JNF does it job and fix the node perfectly.

This link is put in by Color Highlights script, and clicking on it activates the JNF functionality. Pressing the 'Q' key should do the same thing.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.9.0 2014-08-18

Postby Timbones » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Our position in the UK is that all U-turns should be disabled, whether they're on then end of a dead-end or not. Noam has acknowledged our special situation in one of the Beta threads: [restricted link]

redviper26 wrote:The situation in the UK is unique, and we did disable U-turns there following the community's request. For other countries, U-turns should be left as they are, and we intend to enable them in the future.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.9.0 2014-08-18

Postby Timbones » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Could you make it DISable dead-end U-turns in the UK? We have asked Waze to disable all of them for us. Thanks.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:44 pm

OyyoDams wrote:Wrong: you can publish up to 20 extensions for free. The rest is true ;)

I'm pretty sure I had to pay. Maybe it depends on your country? Anyway, it's not much.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts