You do not have permission to make some of the changes

Post by world_qhasel1n
Whenever I save, I always get the "You do not have permission to make some of the changes" error.

world_qhasel1n

POSTER_ID:18049203

Send a message

Post by Bhahbh24nine
I wonder if this is related to the 'areas' function in the map editor. I'm also getting this issue, being as I'm level 1, but when I select 'areas', it shows me certain places I've traveled, but none of them are places near my home nor my office; they're places I've literally traveled to and are not typically in those areas, except the one huge area that covers much of the Houston area (but again, not my home nor office).

I dug around a bit, trying to find a button to clear those areas, to no avail. Then I found this forum post.
Bhahbh24nine
Send a message

Post by BlueCarbox
Is this still a problem for Level 1 editors ? I'm new to waze and would like to add a small store, but can't because I dont have permission to do so
BlueCarbox
Send a message

Post by jm6087
There is currently some technical issues that is preventing Level 1 editors from making edits to the map.  Staff if working hard to get this issue resolved.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
world_04e9aax4 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:03 pm
jm6087 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:38 am There is currently some technical issues that is preventing Level 1 editors from making edits to the map.  Staff if working hard to get this issue resolved.

Do you have an idea when the issue may be resolved?

It is going to put new users off contributing if the issue persists for too long..

Thank you, and good luck!

Unfortunately we have not been told when it will be fixed.  They have kept us informed that it is the highest priority and they are working hard to fix it as quickly as possible.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
BlueCarbox wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:16 pm Is this still a problem for Level 1 editors ? I'm new to waze and would like to add a small store, but can't because I dont have permission to do so

Yes, there is still issues with level 1 editors.   You can add the place using the app while at the location and then post in your local region forum for review.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
world_55rcz1yp wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:37 pm Is there still a issue?
I still can not edit the map  :(

Regards.

Nope, the issue was resolved.  If you can't edit them map, it is for different reasons.  Such as you don't have edit rights to the area you are trying to edit, objects are locked above your level, etc.

I recommend reaching out to your local editing community for assistance.
viewforum.php?f=19
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by SandalmanMeow
Is there still a issue?
I still can not edit the map  :(

Regards.
SandalmanMeow
Send a message

Post by Wass0ck
Hopefully the Google Geo people will be able to fix it.   :lol:

Wass0ck
Send a message

Post by world_04e9aax4
jm6087 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:38 am There is currently some technical issues that is preventing Level 1 editors from making edits to the map.  Staff if working hard to get this issue resolved.

Do you have an idea when the issue may be resolved?

It is going to put new users off contributing if the issue persists for too long..

Thank you, and good luck!

world_04e9aax4
Send a message