Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
My recommendation would be to check with your community manager to ensure that the data you are scraping from the various websites does not violate any Waze policies.  
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
It may all be good or it may all be bad. 

Again, your best option would be to check with your Waze Community Manager and ask them to check to ensure you aren't violating Waze TOS. 

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by russblau
AX1983CT wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:31 am So, I'm not a lawyer, and it is a hard question for me, who is the owner of the data about the POI address? Is it really copyrighted data or not?
If I am the owner of the POI, and somebody adds my POI to Waze - who is the owner of this information? Is it me as the POI owner or Waze? Is address can be copyrighted by anybody?
Really, in Ukraine, we have the kadastr registry with all information about ground parts, it's free and open to requests, and I am a little surprised that addresses can be protectect by copyright.

It's not really a question of whether it is protected by copyright or not; it is a question of whether what you are doing violates Waze's corporate policies. Waze's policies may be more or less restrictive than copyright laws, depending on what their priorities are.

russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by RussPA
That looks good, but what external sources does the script pull information from?  Just want to be sure it isn't going to violate Waze's terms on using unauthorized third party sources.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator