Post by Craig24x7
That's fine, I'll whizz through and set them all to public then. I've already changed a good chunk of them anyway, as there are some roads where the council doesn't enforce the permit requirement if a car is actively charging (otherwise it's a £70 fine). It won't take me long to sort the remaining ones.

Craig24x7
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by Craig24x7
Challenger3802 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:12 pm Just a thought, is it worth setting the EV points to L3 to allow AMs to manage them locally (or is this a pipeline project once we go live)?

Ian's post stated that the L4 lock will remain in place until further advised: viewtopic.php?p=2330711#p2330711

As this is still a trial/new feature, I expect everyone is being careful to avoid accidental deletions or modifications that could break the link between the PUR and the data provider(s).
Craig24x7
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Craig24x7
MrSoapsud wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:33 am Is it me or has the EVCS stuff in the app gone live in the UK even though we still haven't reached 50%? Just looking at one in south Wales and someone has submitted a picture of it, which to me means the places are surfaced in the app? Sure enough, looking at the app you can now tell it what plug type you're looking for...
"While I'm here", there used to be an option in the app to say whether you wanted diesel or petrol but I can't find it any more. AIUI that's a country feature that the admins can turn on/off - why has it been turned off in the UK or am I missing something else?
Thanks
Martin

Seems so. I can change my vehicle to electric, turn on EV features and select my plug types.
ev.png
(27.31 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Craig24x7
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Craig24x7
Ianinessex wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:35 pm
BeRoWaz wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:59 pm Had one where I saw that a L2 had manage to approve it!

Should we keep going with working through the list? 

Please keep going with this. I am not sure what happened about the L2. but I have seen some where a picture has been added and the charger seems to have been approved at the same time. This may be what has happened.

Regarding this, I've just had a PUR from a non-beta user to add a picture to an EVCS I approved on the 6th May. So it appears that the place points may be live even if the app features aren't.
Craig24x7
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Craig24x7
gareth71 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:24 pm Just a thought - is it worth creating a subforum specifically for EVCS PUR updates/requests/feedback? Might keep things a bit tidier...

I was going to suggest this as well, especially with how many problems there are with EVCS (proven by the spreadsheet).

The editor request forum could get destroyed if someone goes on a mission :lol:

Craig24x7
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by gareth71
This one doesn't appear to be on the spreadsheet. It exists, just needs moving slightly - but I'm not going to touch it just yet because I'm not clear whether we should be approving stations which aren't on the GSheet...
gareth71
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by gareth71
gareth71 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:57 am This one doesn't appear to be on the spreadsheet. It exists, just needs moving slightly - but I'm not going to touch it just yet because I'm not clear whether we should be approving stations which aren't on the GSheet...

Not sure if I've missed a reply to this. I'll approve this one - because it's definitely there, I've walked past it. Number of chargers should be 2, though, not 1 as listed.

gareth71
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by gareth71
James has very kindly knocked together a GPX file which places a reference to the Google Sheet entry next to each PUR. If you throw that GPX file into WME Geometries, it'll show the Google Sheet row number next to each one - I'm sure it won't take you too long to find the 1000 or so that you need to flag up in the GSheet ;-)
gareth71
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

gareth71
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by gareth71
Working through some of the EVCS PURs in rural Wales, I've come across a couple which simply don't exist (PUR in the middle of a field with no likely location anywhere near, for example). Can't see anything on the Wazeo which covers a "Doesn't exist" scenario, so what's the protocol? Accept PUR, change to Private, amend description accordingly? Or don't accept, leave a MC?
gareth71
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message