The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Wazers can now submit URs through “Report an issue”

Post by Anat-Staff
Hi,

We’re happy to share that we’re adding the Report a map issue flow to the general Report an Issue (Support) form!
Why?
Many Wazers mistakenly use the general Support form when they encounter map issues.
Now, one of the options on the Support form, will launch the Report a map issue flow:
Report an issue.png
(60.65 KiB) Downloaded 348 times

Thanks to this new flow, Wazers can easily pin-point the location of the map issue, after they finish their drive.

Important notes:
  • URs submitted through this form should be identical as URs originating from the Reports button on the map. 
  • You’ll be able to communicate with the Wazer who submitted the UR as you normally do.
  • You won’t see the Wazer’s route, since the Wazer didn’t submit the issue as a part of their navigation
  • In the future, we plan to add a filter for the source of the UR - Map screen / Support form

Will this create an influx of URs?
It’s not expected, no. 
A few hundreds of URs were mistakenly submitted through the Support form every week, globally. These will now go straight to WME.

This change is planned to go live today, Tuesday, March 28th.
Tell us what you think about it!

*If you’re a member of the Beta community and looking to test this new flow, we’ll remind you that Beta members get a different, Beta form, through the Report an Issue form ;-)

Thanks and have a great day,
Anat and Nicole, on behalf of the team.
Anat-Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17879428

Send a message

Post by Anat-Staff
Hi @Sapozhnik,

1) Are you planning translate this form?
This form is translated to the current "Support" languages, and will not be translated to additional languages. I'm sorry.

2) Why author of report doesn't receive reply from editor? 
You may have picked up on a bug! We're checking, Thank you :)

3) Does unregistered users also can send UR? 
Yes.

Thanks for checking! 
Anat-Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Anat-Staff
Reporter not getting the Editor's responses - The team fixed it. Thank you for reporting it. 
Thank you! We'll correct it ASAP and once it's in an Help Center article I'll share it here so you could spread the news :)

Anat-Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Anat-Staff
Majid-Alyafeai wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:47 pm Hi Anat,

Can you please enlighten me from where we can use this function as you said it will be activated on 28th March, and I couldn't find from where exactly this function can be utilized.

Hi Majid,

You can't see it since you're a beta tester, and when you click on "Report an issue", you get the Beta form.

If you have access to a phone that's not on Beta, I recommend you test it there:
Help and feedback --> Report an issue --> Map

Let me know if you have questions :)
Anat-Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Anat-Staff
spookyx wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:59 am Is there a link to a web page for this? It would be helpful to spread across social networks. I can not find it on the support page on the web.

Also... this is something you might wanna fix:

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... e-waze-app

It says „  :idea: Your username appears in every report you make and is visible to other users. ”

This is not true. Username does not appears when you report a map issue, neither from LiveMap, neither from the app. Although we wish that there is a setting/option for editors so that we know who sends a report.

Thanks

Hi, the Help Center article has been updated.

Thanks!

Anat-Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Anat-Staff
russblau wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:01 pm I just accidentally stumbled upon an unexpected problem with this feature. I'm a US-based editor, but I wanted to check something on the ROW server, so I switched environments in the editor. When I did, I was surprised to see a UR present in my Issue Tracker, which was still set to scan my US editing area. I responded to the UR and the user told me they submitted it through the web form (https://www.waze.com/ContactForm/form-w ... d=core-web). Clearly there is a problem if URs submitted in this manner can end up on the wrong server!

The UR in question is at https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=row&lat=38.89814&lon=-77.02839&zoomLevel=19&mapUpdateRequest=19978624

Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into it.
Anat-Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Anat-Staff
russblau wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:01 pm I just accidentally stumbled upon an unexpected problem with this feature. I'm a US-based editor, but I wanted to check something on the ROW server, so I switched environments in the editor. When I did, I was surprised to see a UR present in my Issue Tracker, which was still set to scan my US editing area. I responded to the UR and the user told me they submitted it through the web form (https://www.waze.com/ContactForm/form-w ... d=core-web). Clearly there is a problem if URs submitted in this manner can end up on the wrong server!

The UR in question is at https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=row&lat=38.89814&lon=-77.02839&zoomLevel=19&mapUpdateRequest=19978624

Hi Russ,

The team looked into it and found that this specific UR was submitted to ROW, probably by mistake - that's why you saw it when you switched to ROW.
Please let us know if you notice this type of issue again and we'll be happy to investigate it.

Thank you!

Anat-Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by asph4lt
If you are a beta tester, you don't have access to this form but to another one, which sends the reports directly to discuss.
Anat-Staff
*If you’re a member of the Beta community and looking to test this new flow, we’ll remind you that Beta members get a different, Beta form, through the Report an Issue form images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

asph4lt
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 5
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/9/9a/Signature_asph4lt.jpg
🌍Local Champs 🥖Country Manager France 📍Regional Manager - Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes 🚧 Team Closures
🚗Editez la carte

Post by Fkzy
Sapozhnik wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:53 am
turbomkt wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:22 pm
Sapozhnik wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:51 pm

2) Why author of report doesn't receive reply from editor? 

I think Anat's comment means they will.

I asked because checked with two dіfferent account and requestor did not received any notification and answer from editor. 

The requestor and the editor were different accounts?
Fkzy
Send a message
(L5, brussels, belgium)

Post by jm6087
I would suggest posting here instead of in the Official Announcements channel where the thread is locked @YanisKyr    @yaacobyy  @RIFF_RAFF
RIFF_RAFF
As far as I remember, it was planned to remove the "General map issue" option from the dropdown list, as it confuses the editors and doesn't make sense.
yaacobyy
Please elaborate on how to get to the "report an issue" form (step by step). I had to guess it.
Is it available for any user? or just beta users?
Also, please let us know where we can give feedback on this new feature.
YanisKyr
Excellent idea!

Can I ask, where did the UR type Missing Roundabout come from? I've seen it pop up here and there in some screenshots lately, but have never actually seen it in the app myself..

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ