Sea Beast

Post by SimbaSimpson
I have been using Waze for some years now, and last year the option to add the Sea Beast voice was added. I have been using it since then, however last week, just out of the blue, it stopped working and now I cant find it anywhere on the app. Has it been removed or is there another way to access it. I tried looking for it in the voices section of the app, but aside from the standard ones (including Boy George...  ;)) I cant see it. 

Does anyone know if it is still on the app?

SimbaSimpson

POSTER_ID:18116379

Send a message

Post by jm6087
Please note that in general, the featuring of movies/games elements or celebrity voices on Waze are part of strict marketing contracts, Waze does not have a right to use them legally for longer than the duration of the signed agreement with the copyright owners. They are usually allowed temporarily to promote a product or movie.

After the promotional period is over, they will unfortunately be withdrawn to avoid copyright infringement or lawsuits which they could face for using anything without permission.

Only the copyright owners can change something about this, Waze has no right to leave these things available after the end of the signed contract. No matter how many complaints they get about it here, on their forum or in the Waze Suggestion Box (even with a million upvotes).
For example, if you wish for the Ghostbuster car to be back, you should contact Columbia Pictures Ghost Corps (Sony Pictures) and ask them to allow Waze to extend the availability or make it permanent. Waze cannot decide that on their own.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by world_360va51s
SimbaSimpson wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:53 am I have been using Waze for some years now, and last year the option to add the Sea Beast voice was added. I have been using it since then, however last week, just out of the blue, it stopped working and now I cant find it anywhere on the app. Has it been removed or is there another way to access it. I tried looking for it in the voices section of the app, but aside from the standard ones (including Boy George...  ;)) I cant see it. 

Does anyone know if it is still on the app?

Check for Updates at cheatcommands.cc: Make sure you have the latest version of the Waze app installed on your device. Developers often release updates that can address bugs and introduce new features.Voice Selection: Verify if the Sea Beast voice is still available by navigating to the voice selection section within the Waze app. This is typically found in the app's settings or preferences menu. If you don't see the Sea Beast voice listed there, it's possible that it has been removed from the app.Contact Waze Support: If you can't find the Sea Beast voice or if it's not working as expected, it's recommended to reach out to Waze's customer support directly. They will have the most up-to-date information about any changes to the voice options and can assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

world_360va51s
Send a message