Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
Bundeslandmanager: Andy_Na
Bundeslandmanager: Martin789XXL

Tegel Tunnel closed every morning direction south

Post by FernandoSanabriaRojas
Hi, new user here. Sorry I write in English, I can speak decent German but I can't write it properly (damn der/die/das/den/dem).

Every morning on weekdays the Tegel Tunnel is closed direction South. I drive from Wittenau to Spandau and I have basically 2 main choices, Kurt Schumacher Platz + Autobahn or Bernauerstr. The problem is that Waze sends me always via Eichborndamm + Autobahn but the tunnel is closed every morning. If I start driving via Kutchi it will permanentely reroute me to Eichborndamm with makes no sense.

So far I found that there is no way to indicate a road is closed, plus you will have to actually go to the place in order to report something.

The other solution would be to edit the map, but as far as I understand you can only mark the road as blocked/unblocked and you can't really do it in the way it is happening every morning.

Any ideas? Feel free to reply in German.
FernandoSanabriaRojas

POSTER_ID:13615368

Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
Hi and welcome to waze.

Waze doesn't support time based turn restrictions at this time, so if the tunnel is open during the most time of the day it is better to leave him open in the Editor. It makes no sense at all, if you drive there and send an update request.

Have you ever tried to add a stoppoint on your way? The Client reroutes you to another way.
What are the alternative Routes on the client?

On the live map there is an alternative via Hermsdorfer Straße.
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
In my case this happens to me a while ago, but waze can learn your favourite destinations only. The Route allways depends on real time traffic, average segments speed, roadtypes and the chosen options in the client.

Regards
Argus
argus-cronos
Send a message

Thanks for your replies, I think I figured out. This morning I used the "Routes" button and it showed me three different routes and I chose the one I normally use and it never re-route me to the closed tunnel.

Since Waze can learn our favorite routes I expect after some days it will choose that route by default.
FernandoSanabriaRojas
Send a message

fvwazing wrote:Is this daily closure still an issue? Currently Timebased Turnrestrictions are in beta and this seems to be a good testcase. For starters, I suggest closing the southbound tunneltube for weekdays, 6:00-10:00.
Yes, it is still an issue. I don't have any rights to do modifications to the map.
FernandoSanabriaRojas
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Is this daily closure still an issue? Currently Timebased Turnrestrictions are in beta and this seems to be a good testcase. For starters, I suggest closing the southbound tunneltube for weekdays, 6:00-10:00.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Can you provide me with a link that describes what, when and maybe why it is happening? The sceduled restrictions feature is still not operational, though. Can take a few more weeks.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by mchiroptera
Das Problem in diesem Fall ist, dass der Tegel-Tunnel nur bei hohem Verkehrsaufkommen zeitweise gesperrt wird. Es gibt also keine festen Zeiten. Außerhalb der Ferien passiert das allerdings jeden Morgen :roll:
Gruß
Chiroptera
mchiroptera
Send a message

Post by Mynios
Don't forget the f.... Kommas. :lol:

But in fact the time-based turn restrictions should be on the official Roadmap. I think....

Unfortunately there is no workaround.

Irgendwas mit Tapatalk
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message