entire android auto waze update is a driving hazard

Post by MinionsWeb
Need I say more?
Seriously every single detail & change blows.
In my opinion, waze is unsafe, as it is now.

The update is going to cause accidents.

Reordering the reporting functions was incredibly stupid.

The drive now not auto ceasing after a minute or so is insane.
That is populates the list with random destinations from my history without relevancy or proximity is flabbergasting.  I'm in NJ, it offers me the 1st destination is to drive to the middle of Ohio where I attended a funeral 6 weeks ago??

It's ignoring my calendar destinations.

My car positioning is always under EVERY notification so you can't see your next turn on the map relative to actual roads...wtf!

Prompts take up way too much screen.

Making nav options take up a resident position screen top is ridiculous as is not auto defaulting to report icon, instead being forced to scroll thru map size & rosette 1st, forcing you to not focus on the road?

Tapping there/not there on hazard etc notifications rarely works 1st time & drops selection off screen before you can confirm as you're approaching. 

That the selection starts bouncing between there not there if you don't confirm in 1st ⅒ of a mile is effing ridiculous.  

WTF is wrong with the interface team? 

That the drive now immediately fill 30% of your screen the moment you cease navigating is ridiculous.

Having to scroll thru 8 icons ALWAYS, is 6 to many.
Why make 2 distinct icons for enlarge reduce?
Why do I have to scroll thru enlarge reduce & focus to get to reporting?
What happened to audio navigation, no longer available in the search function.
Why can you no longer fav a destination withing search?

Active speed vs posted is not intuitive, & that it no longer alerts you to speeding switching backgrounds, is foolish.

Additionally, I've had drive to lock up & refuse to be closed, while driving, forcing me to search for a way out .... which ironically is...debug.

Routes are now taking us into traffic as opposed to avoiding it for shortest time in transit.

....seriously, who qa'd this version?

This list goes on.

In what alternate universe did they conceive these incredibly idiotic choices? 

Guess they really really want us to give up waze & switch to Google maps...at least with g maps, you can locate gas lodging & parking still.

And this is a short list, there are new issues I'm surprised to still be discovering daily.

If you're going to fanboi me with your responses instead of proffering reasonable, logical, sensible answers, don't bother.

MinionsWeb

POSTER_ID:16968052

Send a message
Just a guy who wants to rely on a GOOD map and BETTER directions.
No...not that left....the OTHER left!
Corey aka MinionsWeb

Post by jm6087
No fanboi response here, just facts.  This forum is for community help, nobody responding here is part of Waze staff or a Waze developer.  Unfortunately, we cannot assist you with this question/issue.  I would suggest you Contact Waze Support if you want to discuss this issue further. 
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JonnyQwest45
I agree with OP. The latest version is unsafe for driving. They're literally going to get someone killed.

Their only forum isn't monitored by corporate or devs?  Dear Jesus.
JonnyQwest45
Send a message

Post by SpeedNinjaMatt
For sure, the redesign is embarrasingly pathetic.  That anyone at Waze could propose something so bad is insane, but how they actually go ahead and implement it completely blows my mind.

I rolled back to version 4.93.1.0, which I believe is the latest before the redesign.  This was the only way I could continue using Waze.  I tried the new version for months and hoped they would improve/correct the ridiculous changes but I saw little to no progress on that at all.  I have to wonder if Google is taking Waze features and intentionally making Waze into junk so everyone just starts using Google Maps instead.

Either way, the Waze team should be ashamed at how they turned a great app into a frustrating and useless mess while calling it an upgrade.  Rolling back to 4.93.1.0 is the only solution I have found to be effective.  I don't expect to see things improve so I'm enjoying the old version for what it is/was while I just count the days before Waze is gone entirely...

SpeedNinjaMatt
Send a message