Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Lots of speed limit changes in Oxfordshire

Post by navvy2
Oxfordshire is changing the speed limits on most of the roads in villages from 30 mph to 20mph, and from 40 mph to 30mph.  Is there any easy way to make lots of changes without having to select each individual segment and type in the new speed for each direction?  I'm only a level 1 editor, so there are many roads that I won't have permission to edit, but the new speeds are now active in Kidlington and nobody else has made the changes yet.
navvy2

POSTER_ID:15698882

Send a message

Post by BtBalways
Holding <ctrl> also allows you to unselect from a set already selected.
The <m> key before you start also allows multiple selection. Similarly a second click will deselect.
BtBalways
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by BtBalways
Taken from the ToolBox Thread (in Addons,Extensions and Scripts)
Note: even though Toolbox does not use Tampermonkey, Tampermonkey must be running with at least one script enabled. Without it, Toolbox will currently not load. This requirement will likely be fixed in a future release. (I have not tested with other script managers, e.g. Violentmonkey.)
adds further complcation, whereas using <Ctrl>Click to select multiple and then the chain icon will satisfy your requirement.

Also note that The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again. nearly always happens when you Preview your message for the first time.
BtBalways
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by jonv-uk
You can select multiply segments while holding down the Ctrl key
jonv-uk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by jonv-uk
If you use the script WME Color Highlights or WME Toolbox these can highlight which segments are locked above your level, so you know to avoid selecting them.
jonv-uk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by navvy2
Yes, I've used the Ctrl key, but if one of the segments has been set to a different level of protection, I can't just unselect and edit the ones I'm allowed to. I have to unselect everything and start again.
navvy2
Send a message

Post by navvy2
How do I get WME Toolbox working? I've installed it from the Chrome Web Store on the latest version of Chrome on My Windows 10 laptop, and it shows as enabled, but it isn't appearing on the WME screen. I've looked in Wazeopedia, but I can't find any instructions for using it, or how to request unlocking of multiple segments.

navvy2
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
navvy2 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:32 pm Oxfordshire is changing the speed limits ...  I'm only a level 1 editor, so there are many roads that I won't have permission to edit, ...

You can ask for a downlock in the UK Editor Request sub-forum and it may be possible to lower the lock level for you to cover the whole village.

PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message