[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6

Postby Daknife » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 pm

khaytsus wrote:
Timbones wrote:I'm afraid not. The script is deliberately coded to only show turn issues on major roads to encourage responsible editing.

Confused, why would showing on other streets be irresponsible? Only thing I could think of is it would possibly show too much information, distracting some editors?

I agree with this. Not every intersection in a subdivision may have issues, but many do, and it saves time if we don't have to click on every junction node to see if it needs a QW.

Also anyone else have issue with how it no longer shows your locked roads with any color? I usually have it set to show streets I've edited to be able to track my progress through areas, but I've noticed that if that is set it doesn't tint the roads I've locked at all, whereas it used to and I liked that feature.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby WeeeZer14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 am

khaytsus wrote:
Timbones wrote:I'm afraid not. The script is deliberately coded to only show turn issues on major roads to encourage responsible editing.

Confused, why would showing on other streets be irresponsible? Only thing I could think of is it would possibly show too much information, distracting some editors?

The fear is that showing soft turn and rev con nodes to a newbie may encourage them to just hit everything with Q-W and thus eliminate any legitimate turns. Even if they are using the JNF script also and only use Q (thus preserving turn restrictions), they may still make mistakes. And even if they are perfect, they are spending their time fixing something that 99% of the time doesn't impact anything.

Disclaimer: I still use the script showing all nodes highlighted, but I only attack nodes in areas I am working on to address a real issue.
WeeeZer14

Postby khaytsus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:34 am

khaytsus

Re: AW: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov

Postby Atuuu » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:40 pm

AlexN-114 wrote:With the Highlighter City you can filter roads by country. ;-)
You can find it at userscripts.org.
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Unfortunatelly Your modification of this script doesn't worked for me.
Atuuu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: AW: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov

Postby AlexN-114 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Atuuu wrote:2) filter roads (landmarks) by country, as I have problem (not the first time) when 10km and even more from Latvia/Estonia border primary country is wrong. Maybe there are some segments with wrong country what could cause this and such functionality could be VERY useful.

With the Highlighter City you can filter roads by country. ;-)
You can find it at userscripts.org.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights (2.4)

Postby vince1612 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:09 pm

I think you should post this in the main thread about the script:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=40705

Script authors already have a lot to read and to code, so I'm sure they would appreciate not having to read multiple threads too ;)
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - Beta 1.93

Postby AlexN-114 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:04 pm

Timbones wrote:
AlexN-114 wrote:I think it would look better at highlighting recent or places at specific city, when not all other (old / outside) places get pink again. :)

You mean that you want to keep the colours of landmarks which aren't yellow or green? I had deliberately changed them back to pink so that they would stand out, but I could change that.

Yes, this is what I mean. I tried it in group of lakes and all blue lakes (except one) become pink. I would prefer all without the special highlighted keep their colour. :)
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:56 pm

AlexN-114 wrote:I think it would look better at highlighting recent or places at specific city, when not all other (old / outside) places get pink again. :)

You mean that you want to keep the colours of landmarks which aren't yellow or green? I had deliberately changed them back to pink so that they would stand out, but I could change that.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AlexN-114 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Timbones wrote:Okay, here is Beta v1.93.

I've rewritten much of the place highlighting feature, and it will now show recent edits and also highlight point places.

Use the segment options to highlight places in a specific city, edited by a specific user, or edited within a number of days (in that order of precedence). There's a separate option for locked places.

I think it would look better at highlighting recent or places at specific city, when not all other (old / outside) places get pink again. :)
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.9 JUL 2016

Postby RussPA » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Thank you Sebiseba, nice to have full functionality back again!
RussPA
State Manager
State Manager

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts