Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Cannot edit

Post by A_Kamf
Hi!
I have been using Waze for four months, but the village where i live is not very well updated. Roads are missing etc. So I thought I might contribute and finally, tonight when the kids fall a sleep I got a spare hour.
But when I try to add a street, I cannot save and get a message that I need to drive here before I can contribute. I have driven here, why cant I edit? Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Does this mean I cannot add the street of my parents house before I actually visit them (and bring turn on waze when going there)?

I would like it to be easy to contribute... Even for a first time user.

Regards
Anders
A_Kamf

POSTER_ID:14871145

Send a message

Post by ale-bag
I've the same problem.
I tried to add the private road where my parents live, (or a near parking lot)but the server tell me I've no permission.
Obviusly i drove there i lot of time and with the wake on my phone always on, so I can see the map not obscurated.
May be that the area manager block anything?
ale-bag
Send a message

Post by carto3
I have the same problem. The areas I can edit are places I have only been there once before.
carto3
Send a message

Post by dan99
I cannot edit too.
I want to edit a street close to my house. I drove there many times with waze, even yesterday. I see this last drive in the list.
And I cannot edit !!

WHY ? Please help.

I'm in Montreal, QC, Canada. I'm level 1.
I tried with http://www.waze.com and World.waze.com

Thanks
dan99
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
You can also do shift-click instead of double clicking.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by htahta
with server are you using. www.waze.com or World.waze.com
htahta
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux

Post by htahta
Did you take note of the posting date ?
htahta
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux

Post by ipwarrior
I have tried to fix my drive to work, and have had multiple "map issues fixed" by other Waze editors and my drive route is still wrong.

I watched the editing videos again this evening and when I try to ad a road segment into the plant or parking lot, I cannot save it. The editor wants to continue adding a new segment from the Street to the save button, which is grayed out.

I would like to fix these and other errors so I get credit for them, as well as others. What am I missing?

Thanks.
Steve
ipwarrior
Send a message

Post by orbitc
A_Kamf wrote:Hi!
I have been using Waze for four months, but the village where i live is not very well updated. Roads are missing etc. So I thought I might contribute and finally, tonight when the kids fall a sleep I got a spare hour.
But when I try to add a street, I cannot save and get a message that I need to drive here before I can contribute. I have driven here, why cant I edit? Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Does this mean I cannot add the street of my parents house before I actually visit them (and bring turn on waze when going there)?

I would like it to be easy to contribute... Even for a first time user.

Regards
Anders
In short, you need to drive there with waze in order to edit there.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
ale-bag wrote:I've the same problem.
I tried to add the private road where my parents live, (or a near parking lot)but the server tell me I've no permission.
Obviusly i drove there i lot of time and with the wake on my phone always on, so I can see the map not obscurated.
May be that the area manager block anything?
Do you have the link of area in question. Can you get a permalink of it and put it here?
Thanks
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!