Empower your map edits! Learn how "Suggest an Edit" unlocks new possibilities on  March 10th Office Hours
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Incorrect driving time reported

Post by StarLite
Yesterday, while driving home form work I noticed a strange quirk in Waze.
The time reported untill I would reach home was way too low, while the directions and end point were spot on.
It was I had 36 minutes left, while I had about 55 minutes to go.
At 1 point it told me I would be home in about 20 minutes, while I know that stretch always costs me 30 minutes exactly. I think it has to do with some form of KM/H «» M/H conversion going wrong, as it seemed roughly 50% off all the time.
This does not happen all the time, as the correct travel time is given today on another stretch.

Client: 1.9.99.301 Windows Mobile
Country: Netherlands (we use KM/H, waze is set to "meters" as well [just verified])
StarLite

POSTER_ID:318969

Send a message

Post by fvwazing
It happens when I calculate a route while being offline - the client then relies on its cached data. About half the "real" traveltime will be anounced.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by petervdveen
What was the route you were driving?
Maybe I can check it.
I never nothised the problem.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
I'm driving alot between Emmeloord en Utrecht (without the destination reconition) and it always show's me the correct driving time.
Btw the destination recognition doesn't work at all.
Last week I went to a shop and when I wanted to drive back home it asked if I wanted to go to work :?
But most of the time that's 9 oçlock in the morning. Not in the evening :P
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by StarLite
The problem occurs when the client asks me if I want to drive to <xxxx>.
If I say yes, it will always (untill now at least) give the wrong time. If I then stop the navigation and then immediately say "Driv to" and tell it to go to the same destination, the travel time is correct.
This happened multiple times on the route from "Zonnebaan, Utrecht, netherlands" to "griend, emmeloord, netherlands".
StarLite
Send a message

Post by support
Hi All,

Thanks for the update!

Could you please send us some more details regarding to the route you've made:

Point of origin and destination, screenshot of the route and dates of travel.

It will help us to identify the problem.

Best regards,

Amit
WAZE Support
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by tiagobt
I've also had this problem. I usually take 20 minutes to drive to work, and Waze estimates that correctly most of the times. However, I've seen Waze estimate a driving time of 1 minute twice. As StarLite, I checked if the destination point was correctly set and if my GPS position was properly detected. They both were, and the calculated route was correct as well. I've also noticed that stopping the navigation and choosing the destination again solves the problem. I've only noticed this issue when I upgraded to the latest version of the client.

Waze Client 1.9.0.0 for Android
tiagobt
Send a message

Post by tiagobt
I've just sent a PM with more details.
tiagobt
Send a message