Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

HouseNumbers: Too restricted editing possibilities?

Post by arberg
I live in Denmark. I tried editing housenumbers with the new house number changes in Waze. I find my possibilities are rather limited. I can to a small degree set new housenumbers, but for half the numbers, I get 'wrong side' or similar errors and there's no force button.

Then I tried editing a segment where I once entered house-numbers in the old format (start and end number for a segment). There I also was not allowed to make changes: "You have no permissions to make some of the changes. Please check and try again.".

I have tried looking for where to post a local area admin update request, but I have failed to find it for denmark. Also I would expect the area admin to be flooded by these micro-management requests. I find it sad that it is so cumbersome, because I fear it will be a major blockage for getting the community to update the maps. Also I find the numbers to be important, as in my personal experience I find I often end up using Google Maps instead when navigating to a location where I have never been.

I hope I didn't end up pouring too much bile there, I guess I'm a bit frustrated that a small excitement to update the 'cool' waze experience, turned into a frustrating task of figuring out how to solve the problem. If the waze error dialog had somehow directed me to a country-relevant forum, that might also be a huge improvement (if such a subpage exists).

Best regards, Alex
arberg

POSTER_ID:12181580

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This is documented in the wiki House Numbers page.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Telsemour wrote: Is there a way to get elevated or talk to someone in my area to help with this, there are about 800+ house addresses that I am trying to populate.
Yes, that is called being and Area Manager. Check your country forum to see if there is a specific process. If not, I believe you can contact Waze directly via the "ask a question" link on the Support page. AM are granted Rank 3 which should allow you to force the addresses.

Apart from that, many countries have dedicated update/unlock request forums which you can use to ask someone to do it for you. ;)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by kesterj
i am getting the same...
i am guessing that i would have to wait till i become a lv3...
there so so much to do...
kesterj
Send a message

Post by popel22
Hi Alex
guess you're a level1 Editor right?
As a area manager (AM=Level3) you would have the Option to "Force" the house numbers.
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by telsemour
As a level 1 editor I am having some issues with labeling house numbers in a non-conventional street layout, the houses are sequential not even one side and odd the other, as well there was a unique numbering method due to the shape of the area roads so numbers were assigned sequentially. currently I am trying to label the house numbers but the requirement for even only on one side and odd on the other, and the tool is trying to make the numbers match up (opposite sides of the street for odd/even numbers) is making it difficult to fully populate the map.

Is there a way to get elevated or talk to someone in my area to help with this, there are about 800+ house addresses that I am trying to populate.
telsemour
Send a message