Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

House number stop-point tip

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I just figured out today (call me crazy) that the stop-point location on a segment is integral to Waze determining whether the house number needs to be forced, because that location is used to compare to other numbers in order along the segment. In countries which use sequential house numbers, if I swap the stop-points of two adjacent houses so that the stop points are now in the wrong order numerically, WME will prompt with the "force" confirmation dialog. Or, if you are not a level 3 editor or higher, you will receive an error message.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AFAIK, the location of the stop point relative to others is still how Waze determines if a number is "out of order" in countries which use ordering.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by kentsmith9
I don't find many issues with house numbers these days. It had more issues when first introduced.

Maybe Alan can comment if his OP is still true and if we should add it to the Wiki on House Numbers as well.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:AFAIK, the location of the stop point relative to others is still how Waze determines if a number is "out of order" in countries which use ordering.
Added to Wiki.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by pumrum
I hate to bump an old thread, but is this to suggest that the position of the number itself has nothing to do with how waze calculates if HNs are in order or not -- it's only the stop point?

I thought I tried this out and couldn't get it to work, but I might have to revisit. The house numbering system is just difficult enough that I tend to ignore it. You have to align the planets, stars, and decorative soaps in your bathroom just right to get the system to allow you to save the numbers without forcing them. ESPECIALLY on a split road :|
pumrum
Send a message