Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Waze would win again if search used internal house numbers

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There are still issues with internal house numbers when it comes to private drives and parking lots, but if house numbers were active in the Waze search, it would be more #wazewinning.

Just search "moorhen way, beaverton, or" in google and you'll get nothing at all.

New development: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... =-122.8479 (streets were paved two weeks ago and there are 3 houses being built)

Totally complete with all addresses thanks to nice people at the city development office who will email you all the addresses.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Google address search is enabled in several countries now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by HandofMadness
I like how optimistic you are Alan.

I operate on the hunch they'll probably throw out the data and start again with a new house number system (just like last time!) or switch over to using Google's geo-location data now.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
olestas wrote:Yes, but how many user of waze know that they can change it? :D
Address search results from Google appears in the default Waze tab so it seems they don't really have to know.

Not sure how Category searches compares to NA server & Yelp , but in my case categories still returns mostly foursquare results. Swapping to the Google tab does have Google-specific results now where it was previously empty most of the time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Olestas
We are waiting for enabling of internal numbers... I actually dont want to add more numbers until they are not enabled... And bing numbering is mostly horrible. And users usually do not use google numbering, because they do not know how.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Yes, but how many user of waze know that they can change it? :D
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by porubcan
After couple of months I just finished adding house numbers in my town (ca. 65k citizens), except few special cases (House numbers containing alphabet characters and one segment which have different street names on opposite sides) and still can't wait till it will be available in search results in client.
any info when internal house numbers will be used for address search?
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Waze Beta Tester

Post by timbucks
And it would win even more if it would search house numbers and it included names in that. At the moment I'm putting house names in my area (along with numbers) in mapmaker and they're live for searching in the app within a couple of hours - navigation is a different thing though but having a correctly placed flag on the street is a start especially on dark unlit streets

I now deliver and choose waze or Google depending on which gives the better result for my needs on each leg.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
timbucks
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message