Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Road Shields (split of Localization tasks)

Post by aigarslv
It would be really wonderful to see road shields in Latvia ;)

We use a system like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/l ... els-A4.jpg

Major Highway is http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/l ... mejums.jpg

and we have only 15 of them from A1 to A15

Regional highway is http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/l ... mejums.jpg

And also 5 Europen highways: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 64.svg.png
aigarslv
Experts
Experts

POSTER_ID:1564381

Send a message

Post by adriansinger
Hi everyone!

Wow, you were quick! It's a please having you so enthusiastic, keep it going...

So, we are currently not supporting the road shield feature outside the US, but we expect to do it sometime soon. We will be happy to discuss all these issues then.

Thank you all for your great feedback!
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by adriansinger
fotrik wrote:
adriansinger wrote:So, we are currently not supporting the road shield feature outside the US, but we expect to do it sometime soon.
I see it in Hungary.
Screenshot_2013-02-10-20-17-44.png
Sorry, my bad.
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by adriansinger
fotrik wrote:I would say that the application should not show the bubbles on segments which support the shields.
Hi guys.

We've considered it and keeping these different options in mind.

You can expect more work on improving the map from version to version...
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager

Post by aigarslv
Yes, the idea is the same!

Only for us this is very easy to do, as there are not so many roads and they are already marked by letter and number. Basically in roads name: A - means red shield, E - dark green and P - dark blue

You can see this system very well in Google Maps: https://maps.google.lv/?ll=56.816666,24 ... 4&t=h&z=13
RoadShields.JPG
(23.58 KiB) Downloaded 6852 times
aigarslv
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by aigarslv
I think we do, because road badges also contain information in form of color, and in some countries there are exit badges etc.
aigarslv
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by aigarslv
fotrik wrote:I would say that the application should not show the bubbles on segments which support the shields.
I agree!
aigarslv
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
nzhook wrote:... a Waze map editor has renamed them to State Hwy xx, which looks complex when you have a road named 'Fitzherbert East Road (State Hwy 57)'
In the US at least, we do not use multiple names in the primary name field as that is what the alternate names fields are for. Waze should, eventually, be able to assign shield information separately from the primary name field, so we're kinda set up that way already. What gets put in the primary field is how most people or signage would refer to that roadway. Just because a sign has both names doesn't mean Waze must have them both pronounced as well.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by argus-cronos
davipt wrote:
If I recall from my 8 years in Germany, I think it would be safe to keep a simple Axx blue and a Bxx yellow rectangles without that design, to keep it simple for Waze, wouldn't it?
In Switzerland we need green, blue, red, (white for exits, if possible...):
argus-cronos
Send a message
Attachments

Post by argus-cronos
adriansinger wrote:Hi everyone!

Wow, you were quick! It's a please having you so enthusiastic, keep it going...

So, we are currently not supporting the road shield feature outside the US, but we expect to do it sometime soon. We will be happy to discuss all these issues then.

Thank you all for your great feedback!
We have been waiting sooooo long ;)
argus-cronos
Send a message