These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Symbian Keyboard

Post by thelocaluk
Hi, a big fan of waze even though support for Symbian is always put behind iphone and android :(
Any way, as much as I love waze I just wish we had the option to use the symbian native keyboard on touch screen phones. The waze keyboard is too small, I'd prefer the native keypad as it would give me a full screen keypad to type on. Keep up the great job with waze, love the app :)
thelocaluk

POSTER_ID:184989

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Put it in the beta feedback thread.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by EchoGeocacher
I'd vote for that too! 8-)
EchoGeocacher
Send a message
AustraliaNokia N97Area Manager for SE Metro, Victoria (Cranbourne & Frankston)

Post by leocylau
yeap. opera mobile is a good option.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by leocylau
It seems this post has been ignored by waze. I feel the keyboard is quite important.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by MxRxO
The same here. I would like to use de qwerty keyboard of my Vivaz pro.
MxRxO
Send a message

Post by sergioarb
I completely agree on this post, waze keyboard is to small and slows down typing speed when you are stopped. Where can we send this suggestion?
sergioarb
Send a message

Post by sportswagoneer
For the n97 and similar NOKIAs that have both a touchscreen and a physical qwerty keyboard, the option to disable the on-screen keyboard and use only the physical would help. (Now, the special characters on the physical keyboard dosn't work when the virtual keyboard is shown, making number input very dificult.)

Opera Mobile for S60 v.5 have a good implementation of this feature, simply allowing users to turn the "Opera Keypad" on and off in "settings". The most elegant way to do it would off course be to show the virtual keypad for input when the phone is closed (the physical keyboard retracted beneath the touchscreen) and not when it's open, but the simple Opera-type solution will get you 80% of the way.
sportswagoneer
Send a message

Post by tlittle
There is one bad-bad feature with waze keyboard. No way to switch language from English. My friend (nokia e72) can do this with phisical keyb. But on nokia 5800 I didn't discover any way to write street or city name in russian. That's why native keyb is highly necessary.
tlittle
Send a message