These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by DocManhatten
You are welcome Mike.

The only thing that bothered me after starting to use the older Waze app is the Google Play update. Understandably, it tries to peddle the "latest” and "greatest" Waze always.

To prevent Google Play from updating Waze or even listing it for upgrade, I first signed the 3.7.3 apk with the free ZipSigner app. Use any signing key. Afterwards I simly install the signed apk, of course, with the Unknown Source option ticked.

Now the app is invisible to Google Play.
DocManhatten
Send a message

Post by erst100
The same with nexus 4
I did the same as you. Uninstall and deleting files, reinstall...
No avail...

Please help
erst100
Send a message

Post by howarddavidson
Anyone else experiencing no audio (at all) on iPhone 5 using AT&T? I have deleted and reinstalled Waze several times. Turned on and off the sounds settings. Just won't work. Was working fine for a few months. Then suddenly stopped working last week for no reason.
howarddavidson
Send a message

Post by HuckD
I started having the missing/garbled audio driving directions when I updated to Waze 3.7.8.0 this week. I'm using a Galaxy Note 3 with android 4.3. Yes I'm using blue tooth for phone calls.

Hope this is fixed soon.
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by jeffh0821
I have to agree with all previous posters (save the iPhone guy)....

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon) with Android 4.3 and Waze 3.7.6.0 . Sound is choppy at the VERY best when coming through phone speaker. I will attempt to route audio through car audio via Bluetooth, but this is an undesirable configuration and was not necessary on previous versions of Waze.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist troubleshooting. I love the app too much to cast it aside just yet.
jeffh0821
Send a message

Post by jfklax
Same problem with no sound or cutoff/partial prompts. Using S3, Android 4.3 and Waze 3.7.7.0. Really upsetting when my son turns on his iPhone 5, ios 7 - Apple Maps and it's loud an clear.
jfklax
Send a message

Post by johnmac1952
Same here on a Galaxt SIII running CyanogenMod 4.3
Google Maps/ Navigation works fine though.
johnmac1952
Send a message

Post by jrtwynam
I just tried a quick drive using a Blackberry Z10 and a Galaxy S2, both using Waze 3.7.7, and neither of them had any issues with voice. All directions were heard in full.

I've installed version 3.7.3 on my S4 (after uninstalling 3.7.7 and deleting the waze folder), and I'll be trying that on my way home today.
jrtwynam
Send a message

Post by jrtwynam
On my way home today, using my S4 and version 3.7.3, the sound worked fine through bluetooth if I wasn't playing music. When I turned my music player on on my phone, it reverted back to the choppy-voice problem mentioned in this thread. Turning the music player off again caused it to work fine.

What I'd like to be able to do is have the voice directions played through my car speakers via bluetooth, but still be able to listen to other audio sources (usually either radio or my usb drive) at the same time. I'm not sure if that's possible.
jrtwynam
Send a message

Post by jrtwynam
I've confirmed that the sound is set to a TTS voice (I've tried both Tom and Samantha). I'm wondering if the issue was at least partially caused by a lack of available settings in the stock Samsung music player. Over the weekend, I downloaded another music player (PowerAmp, which I had been using for a couple of years on my old Android phone). This player has various bluetooth-related settings, in particular "short audio focus change", which temporarily pauses the playback when there's a short change in audio focus such as a notification or navigation. Using this player, navigation worked beautifully - all voice commands were read in full (no choppiness), and the music continued to play in the background while it Waze was telling me what to do. The volume of the directions was quite a bit louder than the music, but I found a setting in Waze that has something to do with prompt volume that was set at full, so I lowered that and will try it on my way home.

Now my only issue is the volume of bluetooth in general - it's turned up to full on my phone, but if I play a song on my phone through bluetooth and then play exactly the same file from my USB drive, the USB drive sounds louder. I guess that's not really related to this topic though. :)
jrtwynam
Send a message