These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Loupp
I got the same issue on Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted Android 4.3 and Waze 3.7.7 (and also the application crashes within a black screen and only the two buttons at the bottom).
I've unsuccessfully followed this step-by-step:
- download the apk for waze 3.7.3 and put it on the SD card (or internally) I found it there: http://www.apkdad.com/?s=waze+3.7.3
- delete the current waze version
- remove the waze directory
- install the previous downloaded apk for waze 3.7.3
- start the market and uncheck the auto-update.

This issue is "open" since 2013 in August for a Nexus but seems for all Android 4.3.
My Android is rooted.
Loupp
Send a message

Post by Loupp
Loupp wrote:I got the same issue on Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted Android 4.3 and Waze 3.7.7 (and also the application crashes within a black screen and only the two buttons at the bottom).
- download the apk for waze 3.7.3 and put it on the SD card (or internally) I found it there: http://www.apkdad.com/?s=waze+3.7.3

This issue is "open" since 2013 in August for a Nexus but seems for all Android 4.3.
My Android is rooted.
I found the root cause...
In fact, alarms are not sounded if the bluetooth is started on the smartphone.
Without restart Waze, I've tried either with or without the bluetooth started, alarms are working fine without the bluetooth started.
I'll tried tomorrow with the current Waze version and keep you informed about my investigation.
Loupp
Send a message

Post by Loupp
Loupp wrote:
Loupp wrote:I got the same issue on Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted Android 4.3 and Waze 3.7.7 (and also the application crashes within a black screen and only the two buttons at the bottom).

My Android is rooted.
Without restart Waze, I've tried either with or without the bluetooth started, alarms are working fine without the bluetooth started.
I'll tried tomorrow with the current Waze version and keep you informed about my investigation.
I confirm that with the bluetooth disabled, sounds are played either with the waze 3.7.3 or the waze 3.7.7.

Regarding binaries, I have tree directories into waze/sound which are common, eng and heb. None of files found into are zero size...
But I suppose the used voices are into waze/tts/databases/local_nuance_8_mp3_Name_(Fe)Male if you set other voices than the default one.
Loupp
Send a message
Last edited by Loupp on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Loupp
Loupp wrote:
Loupp wrote:

My Android is rooted.
I confirm that with the bluetooth disabled, sounds are played either with the waze 3.7.3 or the waze 3.7.7.

Regarding binaries, I have tree directories into waze/sound which are common, eng and heb. None of files found into are zero size...
But I suppose the used voices are into waze/tts/databases/local_nuance_8_mp3_Name_(Fe)Male if you set other voices than the default one.
I did some additional tests... I confirm that the issue is when the bluetooth is enable on the smartphone side either with "play sounds on speaker" set or uncheck.

When the bluetooth is enable and "play sounds on speaker" is uncheck, sound are truncated
If "play sounds on speaker" is set, sounds don't work anymore.
Loupp
Send a message

Post by Loupp
This issue is now solved on my Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 rooted with the new Waze version 3.7.8.
Loupp
Send a message

Post by Loupp
Loupp wrote:This issue is now solved on my Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 rooted with the new Waze version 3.7.8.
Sorry for my previous update but now it's again not running fine.

It's strange because I got sound alerts with the bluetooth enabled and now again sound alerts did played...

Maybe, there is a specific start? Start WAZE then enable bluetooth.
Loupp
Send a message

Post by Loupp
This issue is now solved on my Galaxy S4 within the Android 4.4.2

I'm using a rooted device with the Waze version 3.7.7 (this is not the last one)

Voice message is now coming on my phone with or without the "play on speaker" waze option checked and with or without the bluetooth enabled before or after starting Waze.

I didn't tried within the 3.7.8 version but the issue was solved immediately after the Android update.
Loupp
Send a message

Post by lucy-and-company
I cannot get voice command sound on my iPhone.

I couldn't get it b4 the ios7 update and don't have it after the update.

Phone model: MD277LL/A
Version 7.0
lucy-and-company
Send a message

Post by markuskallander
Same problem on Nexus 4 and 5, Android 4.4. Both English and Swedish voices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
markuskallander
Send a message
Android 4.0.2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Post by markuskallander
Still same problem in Android 4.4.2. Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
markuskallander
Send a message
Android 4.0.2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus