Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
frenchcabron
Send a message

Post by orit_y
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Since this traffic event thing has the feature of being able to warn drivers in the area, is it acceptable to use it for events which may have traffic impacts, but do not have closures, and are large enough in scale that you can't put any closures which make sense into Waze anyway?

I'm thinking (too late for this year) specifically of large running/walking events (biking events would quality too) like the Hood to Coast Relay. It is 198 miles long, 12,600 runners and 3,600 volunteers, using about 3,000 support vehicles. It runs primarily along US-26 from Mt. Hood into Portland, and then on US-30 from Portland to the coast, and a little bit of US-101 on the coast.

Oregon DOT puts out a warning to drivers each year. But again, there's no closures. Just awareness that there are some lane closures and possibly some other traffic impacts in congested areas.

Is this kind of thing valid for a Mega Event just from a "warning" standpoint?
Our priority is first and foremost to cover events causing major road closures. Of course, if there are other mega events that will obstruct traffic in a significant way, we are happy to hear about it. That being said, please use your best judgement and only send us events without road closures that are sure to cause significant disruptions in the city's daily traffic flow. This example, is a great one. We would have done our best to help in every way during those events, had we known about them.

Best,
Orit
orit_y
Send a message

Post by PakcikSyah
orit_y wrote:Since this traffic event thing has the feature of being able to warn drivers in tOur priority is first and foremost to cover events causing major road closures. Of course, if there are other mega events that will obstruct traffic in a significant way, we are happy to hear about it. That being said, please use your best judgement and only send us events without road closures that are sure to cause significant disruptions in the city's daily traffic flow. This example, is a great one. We would have done our best to help in every way during those events, had we known about them.

Best,
Orit

Orit,

I had send a request for road closure to Event Center requesting for road clossing for our Malaysia Mega Event that is our Malaysia Day Parade on 12 September2013. Since this is our National and Historic event of the country, a vey massive jammed will happened. And most all the route to the event centre will be closed for public from 0500 till 1300 hrs(+8hrs GMT) on 16September2013. ( to be exact the event is going to happen in 9 hrs time and road closure will begin in 7 hrs time. So far I dont get any respond to my request.
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by PakcikSyah
AndyPoms wrote: I can see it in the responses, BUT it hasn't been coded. The problem may have been you submitted the request too late for Waze to do anything about it. These closures have to be inputted into the system manaually - the earlier you submit them, the more time Waze has to implement them. Remember, Waze HQ is in Israel and is closed on Friday & Saturday for their weekend.
I had submitted it on thursday 12September2013 and the event will be held on Monday 16Sept2013. I think the notice of 4 day will be good enough. They still have Sunday to manually input the 7 roads affected.
Now its too late for anything. I would like to suggest that, its better to give each request to be send at least a Week earlier. State it clearly on the form. This will make everyone know the time needed.
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message