Regional Coordinator Realignment

Post by banished
Fellow Editors,

Let me introduce myself. To better handle the workload, additional RCs have been brought onboard and the quantity of states an RC manages were reduced. As the new RC for Alabama, Florida, and Georgia for the realigned “Southeast Region,” I look forward to identifying new, qualified editors that are ready to handle the responsibilities of Area Manager (I’ll need your help with that), but will also work on enabling current AMs to further advance. This means if existing AMs want to move or expand their areas of responsibility within the Southeast, I can assist.

If you have concerns with the editing practices of other editors, I’m your first stop for resolution after you try to work it out between yourselves. I trust the complaint department will be very, very small, and it will be so long as we’re following established guidelines. Fortunately, the 3-states in the region have the same syntax for road naming (US-xx, SR-xx, CR-xx).

Looking ahead, assignment of new AMs will focus on areas not already assigned, so a new AM may be asked to handle a different area than they request if s/he is willing. The region’s metropolitan areas are AM saturated, but if any of the existing metro area AMs think they need help or if there’s a lot of URs then more metro AMs may be added. I’ll not be editing quite as much (I tell myself that!), but scanning the region for clusters of URs and contacting the appropriate AM to investigate. A non-response could mean adding another AM to that area.

A little about me. I am currently Chief Information Security Officer for an organization in the Florida Panhandle where I’ve lived since 1988. I’ve been Wazing since September 2009 and have used multiple stand-alone portable navigation systems since about 2000, including Navigon, Garmin, TomTom, and Dash Navigation (beta tester). My pet Waze ‘concerns’ are unnecessary re-editing of mature maps and not following the wikis. If you cannot resolve an editing question after researching the wikis, please ask me for help.

I look forward to working with you.

Best to You,
banished (Rob)
Posted in the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia forums.
United States Area Manager Application: viewtopic.php?f=645&t=45898
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:22886

Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by HuckD
Thanks for the info, banished. I'm looking forward to working with you.
HuckD
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by txemt
WOOHOO!!!!
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by WeeeZer14
My personal thanks extended to banished for stepping in to assist myself and the other Champs.

And just FYI I am still around and working with TN and SC so let me know if there are any issues that touch the border - but not including political ones like redrawing state lines to give states access to water :D
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by wmadjones
Very cool. Looking forward to helping out in my corner of Georgia (south Atlanta suburbs).
wmadjones
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
David Jones
Fixing the southern suburbs of Atlanta one segment at a time