Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by wowsher
I too wish they would update waze for windows phone os. Unfortunately at this point it may need a complete rewrite to be a universal app. This raises the effort needed and lowers the chances of them doing anything. The new wave of lte enabled windows devices may be an attractive target but may still be not enough to make the effort worthwhile for them.
wowsher
Send a message

Post by wowsher
I just used it yesterday and it was connecting fine to the server and getting traffic and incident information.

WM10 Alcatel idol 4s on t-mobile
wowsher
Send a message

Post by wrocco
Ideadude wrote:Reset phone and reinstalled the latest and greatest version of Waze and it now "cannot find network" error. Any solutions available? ;)
Did you read above? Just in case:
coolibop wrote:The app no longer works in US/Canada for Windows Phone users who reinstall the app. The only way to get it working still is via the International option (disable location & cellular data to get prompts to select International) outside of US/Canada. That is, it appears Maps and Navigation will not work in US/Canada any longer on Windows phones.
My humple opinion: is time to buy a new device.
wrocco
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c5s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0600.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... anager.png https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... a-New1.gif

Area Manager Región de Arica y Parinacota, Chile
Android Beta Tester - Local Champ - Social Media Community Manager
Wilfred Rocco

Visita nuestros sitios oficiales:
Website - Twitter - Facebook - Instagram

Post by xzb6np
I'm going to post this in caps so everyone understands

WAZE BOUGHT BY GOOGLE. GOOGLE HATES MICROSOFT. WAZE NO LONGER SUPPORT ON WINDOWS PHONE.

There ya go. Nothing to do with market share.
xzb6np
Send a message

Post by yanderuelle
Hi guys,

I feel sorry for you but it seems that WP is no longer supported as it seems that WP users are less than 1% of Waze users....
Staff is busy on supporting iOs and Android and the latter already means several programs in order to suit the several Android phone models and resolution differences.
yanderuelle
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Yanderuelle
Local Champ
CM France et French Guyana, Reunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique
CM Algérie - CM Tunisie
SM Charente
La page FB de Waze Charente et son Twitter associé WazeCharente
La page FB de Waze Nouvelle-Aquitaine et son Twitter associé Waze Nouvelle-Aquitaine

Post by ykinase
I experienced the same battery drain issues on Lumia 1020. Even with airplane mode on but cellular data enabled running on a 2 amp charger, battery was at 10% inside of 3hrs. All background tasks disabled. Running GDR2. I remember Nokia Here Drive had this issue when it was first released. I had to fall back to Drive as I was on a 10hr drive.

Otherwise, fantastic first release and looking forward to my future Waze-Ing!
ykinase
Send a message

Post by YoshackFyre
GAH! I had this issue as a topic on the WAZE app board, and the moderator just took it and lumped it in with this mass "WINDOWS OP NOT SUPPORTED" thread!!! I still need help. I refuse to believe that the version of Waze on my phone is so broken that voice navigation doesn't work. My Nokia is older, obviously, but I know the issue is with Windows 10 and I've missed something. I'm not 100% positive that this is a problem that Waze needs to fix. Please PM me with suggestions. I'll never see a response to my question in this long crazy thread. Thank you. I can be emailed at Yoshack_Fyre@live.com. I hope posting an email address is allowed and that I don't receive massive new spam from posting it. Thanks! My original post is now directly below!

Possibly over-detailed story follows, but may contain an idea to the solution to my issue. A condensed "Problem In a Nutshell" is the second to last paragraph if you don't want to read all the details and might have a helpful idea for me without all the drama. It may spark an idea to a solution though. THANK YOU!

I have a Windows/Nokia Lumia Icon 929, on the Verizon network. It ran Windows 8.1 and I used the Nokia HERE Drive GPS. It was wonderful. I became an Uber driver, there was no Uber driver app for a Windows phone so instead of upgrading my phone (I love my Nokia and like Windows, I will never give it up!) I bought a second phone with a second line, a Samsung Galaxy 5, Android baby. When I Ubered I just used Google Maps, but I had many passengers telling me about this "Waze" thing. I had never heard of Waze. They all said they love it and it was better. I did try it on that phone, but I had a couple issues using it with the Uber app and went back to Google Maps. Probably a learning curve, and I will make another post with my questions on that so I can maybe try Waze again, but back to my Windows Phone.....

So I made the mistake of "upgrading" my Nokia from Windows 8.1 to 10. All because when it was released it caused an issue that make it impossible for any apps to update. I was told there were updates, but I couldn't get anything to update, like my Uber passenger app or Star Wars Commander. After updating to Windows 10, my phone would NOT charge. After trying many things I found I needed to do a phone update and update Windows 10 further. I needed at least 40% battery to install it, I only had 39%....so frustrated. I had to download a rollback program to my laptop, rollback to Windows 8.1, charge my phone to 100% and do it all over again. Pain in the neck, but apps updated and I could play my game. It looked a little different but overall it seemed okay, that is until I went to use GPS for the first time.

Nokia's HERE Drive and Maps were discontinued by Windows and replaced with Windows Maps. It's just an edited version of HERE Maps, a lot the same, but some difference. First of all I had saved many "Favorite" locations into HERE Drive. Windows Maps said I could import my favorites from HERE, I tried. Got a message "Looks like there's nothing to import". I was livid. But not the end of the world right? I can just reprogram new "Favorites" in to Windows Maps right? Not so. For some reason you can only save ONE favorite, and it's named "Car". I can't even edit it to say "Home". There was no way to add favorites for quick access to navigation when I was on the go. Waze didn't work for me on my Android Samsung when I was using Uber, but I did like the idea of it, so I decided to try it on my 929 Icon for personal use.

So I installed Waze, it's a little different on Windows than Android, but I like it. I can add favorites! I wish it had a satellite overlay view, that would be nice. Also I wish they would get rid of the speedometer and show what the posted speed limit of the road is. My car has a speedometer, I don't need it on GPS but I do need to know the speed limit if I can't find a sign! HERE Drive showed the speedlimit, I loved that. Then SURPRISE, Windows Maps got rid of it! Other than those two issues (for now) I think that it's solid. Finally, here is my problem.....I don't get voice navigation from it. It's set for US Street Names Included Jane. When I turn on my car Windows Driving Mode connects to the Bluetooth in my car. I hit the media button and can play podcasts. If I was listening to a podcast and running GPS, with HERE Drive it would pause my podcast briefly to give a navigation voice instruction and then return to my podcast. Pretty slick. But when I run Waze I get no voice instruction. Neither through my car's speakers via Bluetooth or directly from the phone. Any ideas how I can get voice navigation to work? I know it's tricky, no one uses Windows phones really, my Lumia Icon 929 is older. (It still says Nokia on it!) This could be a Windows 10 compatibility problem with Waze. When I first was driving with driving mode I was missing calls and texts. The phone was ignoring them when before a call would ring in and I could press answer on my steering wheel and talk through the car. Texts would be read aloud to me also and I could respond with voice to text. None of that happened after the Windows 10 upgrade, I was frustrated. Turns out all I had to do was turn on "Cortana". That is to a Windows phone like Siri is to an iPhone or OKGoogle is to an Android.

So in a nutshell, Windows 10 running Nokia Lumia 929 Icon. Driving mode active connected to car Bluetooth. Waze running. Options set correctly for voice navigation instructions. No audio comes out of Waze either through my car Bluetooth or the phone directly. Luckily Waze visual directions are pretty good, I haven't got lost or missed a turn, but I would like those audio navigation instructions. I have tried using Waze on foot and still no audio either. I thought it might work now that I activated Cortana, but no such luck. Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Any suggestions or ideas? I'll try anything. Thank you in advance, sorry for the longwinded story, but some detail might help find a solution.

On a side note, tonight July 28th - July 29th, between 10pm and midnight, and now, 1:20am in Washington State near Everett, WA (30 miles North of Seattle) Waze was taking forever to load, I couldn't get driving instructions. Currently right now it says "NO GPS. Showing approximate location" in red letters above of "Proceed To Highlighted Route". Anyone know of a Waze outage? Does that ever happen and just normal or did I break something else?
YoshackFyre
Send a message

Post by YoshackFyre
MODERATOR PLEASE DO NOT BAN ME OR DELETE THIS THREAD. (At least not YET) I feel this issue could be a simple fix I'm not seeing. Waze no longer supports Windows 10 (for now) but the app that exists for it probably functions decently well. My not getting sound or voice navigation more likely lay within my Nokia Lumia Icon 929 or Windows 10 or possibly how my car interprets my phone via Bluetooth. Please let this topic exist long enough to maybe get a few suggestions before moving it into a mass thread of Windows related issues where it will be buried. I will search that Windows thread for my problem also and see if anyone else has the same issue or hopefully a solution!

My problem with Waze on my Windows phone was moved to the topic at the below link. My topic is on page 57. I will also post my original request for help below the link. A forum moderator may still move this to the mass Windows thread too though. Waze would not have my issue in a release of there product. This has to be something I can fix. I'm sure there are other issues, but this one has to be simple. I'm going to see if I can post a thread/poll requesting Waze to reconsider Windows 10 support. Let's all show them that we love them!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70388#p613313

Need Help With Waze Voice Navigation on Windows Lumia Icon

Postby YoshackFyre » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:24 am

GAH! I had this issue as a topic on the WAZE app board, and the moderator just took it and lumped it in with this mass "WINDOWS OP NOT SUPPORTED" thread!!! I still need help. I refuse to believe that the version of Waze on my phone is so broken that voice navigation doesn't work. My Nokia is older, obviously, but I know the issue is with Windows 10 and I've missed something. I'm not 100% positive that this is a problem that Waze needs to fix. Please PM me with suggestions. I'll never see a response to my question in this long crazy thread. Thank you. I can be emailed at Yoshack_Fyre@live.com. I hope posting an email address is allowed and that I don't receive massive new spam from posting it. Thanks! My original post is now directly below!

Possibly over-detailed story follows, but may contain an idea to the solution to my issue. A condensed "Problem In a Nutshell" is the second to last paragraph if you don't want to read all the details and might have a helpful idea for me without all the drama. It may spark an idea to a solution though. THANK YOU!

I have a Windows/Nokia Lumia Icon 929, on the Verizon network. It ran Windows 8.1 and I used the Nokia HERE Drive GPS. It was wonderful. I became an Uber driver, there was no Uber driver app for a Windows phone so instead of upgrading my phone (I love my Nokia and like Windows, I will never give it up!) I bought a second phone with a second line, a Samsung Galaxy 5, Android baby. When I Ubered I just used Google Maps, but I had many passengers telling me about this "Waze" thing. I had never heard of Waze. They all said they love it and it was better. I did try it on that phone, but I had a couple issues using it with the Uber app and went back to Google Maps. Probably a learning curve, and I will make another post with my questions on that so I can maybe try Waze again, but back to my Windows Phone.....

So I made the mistake of "upgrading" my Nokia from Windows 8.1 to 10. All because when it was released it caused an issue that make it impossible for any apps to update. I was told there were updates, but I couldn't get anything to update, like my Uber passenger app or Star Wars Commander. After updating to Windows 10, my phone would NOT charge. After trying many things I found I needed to do a phone update and update Windows 10 further. I needed at least 40% battery to install it, I only had 39%....so frustrated. I had to download a rollback program to my laptop, rollback to Windows 8.1, charge my phone to 100% and do it all over again. Pain in the neck, but apps updated and I could play my game. It looked a little different but overall it seemed okay, that is until I went to use GPS for the first time.

Nokia's HERE Drive and Maps were discontinued by Windows and replaced with Windows Maps. It's just an edited version of HERE Maps, a lot the same, but some difference. First of all I had saved many "Favorite" locations into HERE Drive. Windows Maps said I could import my favorites from HERE, I tried. Got a message "Looks like there's nothing to import". I was livid. But not the end of the world right? I can just reprogram new "Favorites" in to Windows Maps right? Not so. For some reason you can only save ONE favorite, and it's named "Car". I can't even edit it to say "Home". There was no way to add favorites for quick access to navigation when I was on the go. Waze didn't work for me on my Android Samsung when I was using Uber, but I did like the idea of it, so I decided to try it on my 929 Icon for personal use.

So I installed Waze, it's a little different on Windows than Android, but I like it. I can add favorites! I wish it had a satellite overlay view, that would be nice. Also I wish they would get rid of the speedometer and show what the posted speed limit of the road is. My car has a speedometer, I don't need it on GPS but I do need to know the speed limit if I can't find a sign! HERE Drive showed the speedlimit, I loved that. Then SURPRISE, Windows Maps got rid of it! Other than those two issues (for now) I think that it's solid. Finally, here is my problem.....I don't get voice navigation from it. It's set for US Street Names Included Jane. When I turn on my car Windows Driving Mode connects to the Bluetooth in my car. I hit the media button and can play podcasts. If I was listening to a podcast and running GPS, with HERE Drive it would pause my podcast briefly to give a navigation voice instruction and then return to my podcast. Pretty slick. But when I run Waze I get no voice instruction. Neither through my car's speakers via Bluetooth or directly from the phone. Any ideas how I can get voice navigation to work? I know it's tricky, no one uses Windows phones really, my Lumia Icon 929 is older. (It still says Nokia on it!) This could be a Windows 10 compatibility problem with Waze. When I first was driving with driving mode I was missing calls and texts. The phone was ignoring them when before a call would ring in and I could press answer on my steering wheel and talk through the car. Texts would be read aloud to me also and I could respond with voice to text. None of that happened after the Windows 10 upgrade, I was frustrated. Turns out all I had to do was turn on "Cortana". That is to a Windows phone like Siri is to an iPhone or OKGoogle is to an Android.

So in a nutshell, Windows 10 running Nokia Lumia 929 Icon. Driving mode active connected to car Bluetooth. Waze running. Options set correctly for voice navigation instructions. No audio comes out of Waze either through my car Bluetooth or the phone directly. Luckily Waze visual directions are pretty good, I haven't got lost or missed a turn, but I would like those audio navigation instructions. I have tried using Waze on foot and still no audio either. I thought it might work now that I activated Cortana, but no such luck. Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Any suggestions or ideas? I'll try anything. Thank you in advance, sorry for the longwinded story, but some detail might help find a solution.

On a side note, tonight July 28th - July 29th, between 10pm and midnight, and now, 1:20am in Washington State near Everett, WA (30 miles North of Seattle) Waze was taking forever to load, I couldn't get driving instructions. Currently right now it says "NO GPS. Showing approximate location" in red letters above of "Proceed To Highlighted Route". Anyone know of a Waze outage? Does that ever happen and just normal or did I break something else?

YoshackFyre

YoshackFyre
Send a message

Post by yossi-avital
Hi,

How can I connect my WinCE 6 to the internet?
I prefer to use the iPhone hotspot, with USB or Bluetooth

Thanks
yossi-avital
Send a message

Post by yuribk
Is it too late to ask for an update? Come on guys, you should be smart enough to provide customer satisfaction. Right now you are only getting hate from the windows community, which is something you wouldn't want as company, or shouldn't want at least. If you are waiting for a massive installation increase with the current version, which is horrible, we're all screwed.
yuribk
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message