Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by voludu2
Thanks for all the explanations.

I humbly place the following requests for enhancement
1) The "exclude non-editable segments" item gets a little rename to make clear that this option applies only to streets with a one or more non-editable nodes, even if the segment is not itself non-editable (I can, for example, change the city, name, or state on the segment)
2) I think there would be value in an option to allow doing checks on segments I cannot edit.
This way, I can spot an out-of-state road more easily, and quickly move to placing the unlock request to fix the city/state smudging problem, for example.

Thank you so much for a very fine and valuable tool. I'm sorry that the latest WME upgrade has broken revcon and connectivity checks. Such a hassle for you, and such a loss to the editors.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Is there any possibility of detecting reversal on one-way segments on particular street types? The reversal bug is still with us, and it can be very difficult to spot.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Is there any possibility of detecting reversal on one-way segments on particular street types? The reversal bug is still with us, and it can be very difficult to spot.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I do not see this problem.

What browser are you using and what other extensions do you run at the same time?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
See above on unneded nodes -- disabled because of a bug.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
It seems to take a little time for WME to realize that toolbox has no longer highlighted the simplified segment. An extra refresh or just clicking on the segment fixes this.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
SuperDave, is this Mall in Reno within your editable area?
Validator is designed to only check segments you can edit.

Just for you, I strove to test this properly, in a way that anyone can replicate:

HOW I TESTED
I disabled EVERY WME script other than validator. I picked a reproducible PL from your image: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=74223083

And I constructed a typeRank filter to highlight every road with a numeric typeRank
${typeRank}
/[0-9].*/

WHAT I OBSERVED:
* What I see is all roads I can edit highlighted
+ In Reno -- 0 roads
+ In my editable area -- everything not locked above my rank
* Nothing highlighted outside my editable areas.
* If I select a segment outside my editable area with a lock level < or = my editing rank, then the left pane says " User-defined custom check (green)" even though it is not highlighted
* If I select a segment with a lock level > my editing rank, then the left pane says "The segment is not checked"
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
that kinda breaks other things.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
"Reported as" is in the search tab. I've never tried using those options
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
taco909 wrote:Validator does seem to be functioning inasmuch as it is highlighting the segments.
I'm seeing thick, bright red roads, and I'm seeing yellow highlights on segment pairs that share the same endpoints.
Toolbox "same connection segments". And the red-road highlight is either toolbox or color highlighter. I can never remember which.
voludu2
Send a message