Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by turbomkt
I may have misunderstood the use case. Since then I have seen the issue.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
It has. It will still highlight but doesn't describe the issue.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
daveacincy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:03 pm In many states in the US, on road segments the city are set to None when they are not part of an incorporated area. In these cases, the postal city is usually set in an alternate name. But this doesn't always happen.

These new checks look at named drivable segments (except ramp and FW) that have no city in the primary or alt name(s). If there is no city, it will highlight in red if the segment has any HNs, or yellow if there are no HNs. 

These checks are currently only enabled in the US, although it seems it would make sense in other countries.Validator-HN.png

I think this may be a little too aggressive.  There are plenty of streets that have no HNs and never will.  

If it stays as is, I think we have reached the point we may need easy control over what is highlighted during scanning (or simply panning in my case)

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
I have continued to use this with the highlights. I struggle to understand why this is in Validator. Is this possible using WAL? RSel?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
daveacincy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:03 pm To disable checks, you can go into the Validator tab and click on the search tab. In the Report As field, you can enter a string like !55,* to disable the new check #55 or !54,!55,* to disable 54 & 55.

Conversely, if you are in a country that they are not enabled for, you could enter 54,* to enable check 54.

Dave

Learn (or relearn) something new every day.  I knew about the search tab but never really used it.  Didn't realize it could enable or disable checks.  That's a horrible interface, coupled with a link in the first post that goes to the "complete list of checks" that hasn't been updated.

I know...not your fault.  I'm glad you dove in enough to figure this stuff out, and shared how to disable those checks.  To me those are occasional checks, rather than all the time.  
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
berestovskyy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:32 am
turbomkt wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:48 pmThat's a horrible interface
Sorry to hear that. The idea behind the interface is that you should never need to manage the checks manually. They should normally come from your country/region localization pack...

Anyway, it's an open source project, so any changes are welcome!

New release:

v2023.3.8:
- justins83: Minor fixes in #29 to match USA naming guidance

As an interface, it certainly is less work for the scripter.

Regarding the checks that I have been complaining about...I'm a coordinator and don't recall any discussion at the national level. I only saw Daveacincy adding the checks via pull request.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
The real question is who decides what should be on or off for an entire country? In the US, that's usually the champs.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
daveacincy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:23 pm
turbomkt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:08 pm The real question is who decides what should be on or off for an entire country? In the US, that's usually the champs.

I agree. As new checks, I had to add some defaults and let people try it out, then the leadership can decide.

Could have added the checks and informed people of how to enable them to try them out, rather than make them default on.

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
berestovskyy wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:16 am
turbomkt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:57 pm As an interface, it certainly is less work for the scripter.

Haha, certainly!

The actual list of checks is available under Settings (gear) > About (question mark) > Available checks... The forum engine has been updated, so now the generated BBCode has small glitches. This prevents me from updating the list of check on the forum.

Would you like to contribute some of your time and fix those glitches, turbomkt? Ideally we should fix the BBCode generator in the Validator, but if you could fix the glitches manually, it would also help the community.

I can put it on my list, but don't wait for me.  The list grows daily.

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike