Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

request from a user driving an ambulance

Post by ajfrye
So I just started using the app and so far think its great. My request though is if it would be possible to add an "emergency vehichle in transit" type of option. I'm an EMT and mostly use the app while driving the ambulance. The thing most people don't realize is even when you're blairing your lights and sirens while driving an emergency, most people are completely oblivious to you. I think it would be useful if I could change my status to "driving an emergency" so that it would warn other wazers that an ambulance is aproaching. Obviously this won't solve all the issues of going lights and sirens but every bit helps right. Also just a personal hope, I think it would be cool if you made a mood that represented an EMS driver.
ajfrye

POSTER_ID:16875233

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Also, there isn't any way to verify you are actually driving an emergency vehicle.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by MGODLEW
While Waze is great for personal navigation, I'm not sure it is should primarily be used by first responders quite yet when someones life could be on the line. While it doesn't happen often Waze has routed me to the wrong address before, this of course would not be a good thing when navigating to an emergency call. Also, most 911 centers use Computer-aided dispatch (CADS) that have computers integrated in each emergency responders vehicle with 100% verified GPS routing, roads, & house numbers. When I'm at work I drive with Waze open, I will drive around and report Hazards or Accidents as I see or respond to them but do not use it for routing purposes.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by Scruffy151
The biggest use of this kind of option would be to tell the servers to ignore the speed data from this trip. Since you would most likely be moving faster than the rest of the traffic.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by slandrum
This won't work as well as you might think. It takes several minutes for anything you do or report to propagate out to other drivers near you, so you won't really be warning anyone, you'll be telling them after you are long gone.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png