The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Your editing permissions in Waze have been blocked

Post by TheRoth
Hi,

To start, i'm sorry for my english, i'm French and i will try to explain my problem.

I'm jobless and since last month i work hard 10-12 hours by day to WME. Last week, i have received a mail "Your editing permissions in Waze have been blocked". I have contacted a manager in France Team, and he send me a answer from Waze Team "we got complaint about him, that he receive massive points and after a check we had, we saw he used scripts for fake location and also for edits".

So, i don't understand this answer. I used Apple MacBook Air with Apple Display 30" with Google Chrome and Apple Safari. And the only Script i used is WME Toolbox from Waze Team.

One day after receive the mail, my points have decreased by 343 000 Points (see the picture in attachment), that's not really big problem, i'm just sad, the problem is... i can't edit now so i can't contribute !

I know that you are hunting bad editors, but it is not my case. I named a lot of city in France, i have repaired a lot of UR and for conclure i like this community and this app.

I hope you find a solution for me because I think it's a mistake. If you see my logs again, you will see that I say the truth.

Thank you
Best Regards
TheRoth

POSTER_ID:13747482

Send a message
Attachments
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... 00k_4c.png
iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.6 Waze 3.7.8 + tapaltak 2.5.2 - MacBook Air 10.9.2 / Google Chrome V33 et WME Toolbox 1.3.7.5
Français / English - Voiture (Xsara Picasso) et Moto (Honda ST1100)

Post by TheRoth
chisel86 wrote:I have also received this notice and am currently blocked from editing. I am in Texas. I don't understand why there would be complaints about my edits. Is there a way to view these complaints? I only correct things that I know are incorrect. Plus, I have added many new roads in my area where there were none on the Waze app. I am considering deleting my account because of this and other very annoying daily problems with Waze.
Hi Chisel86, contact your Waze Global Champs, he will answer why your account is blocked.
TheRoth
Send a message
iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.6 Waze 3.7.8 + tapaltak 2.5.2 - MacBook Air 10.9.2 / Google Chrome V33 et WME Toolbox 1.3.7.5

Post by TheRoth
Ok thanks OyyoDams, take your time and if you have any questions, do not hesitate
TheRoth
Send a message

Post by TheRoth
Hi,
or else, it's possible to send me a private message with a Email of Waze Team, it's will be greate. Thanks
TheRoth
Send a message

Post by TheRoth
Thank you for your quick response AnlanOfTheBerg, but I've tried in France, they told me that he had no authority for this kind of problem. That is why I posted here.
TheRoth
Send a message

Post by taco909
Is there possibly something in the implementation of the new "Places" routine's trusted/untrusted/blocked status of a user's ability to perform place updates from the app crossing into blocking WME editing rights as well?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
yo007wa wrote:ScottZane, I'm pretty sure the items you mentioned are why I'm blocked. I have NO PM's either here or on my android app. I have no idea how to get my account unblocked.

BTW, my main home is near Seattle, and my part time home is in Phoenix area. Is there someone who handles this area that I can speak to? Or should I contact the person who approved 3 of my edits a coule of weeks ago?
When you say "approved my edits" are you referring to places that you have submitted, or to roads that you drew that appeared to be red on the map and later turned white and show an "updated by" name?

If the former, all L1 editors who add places from the app require approval before they go live until the user is considered to be "trusted". I'm not sure about L2 editors, but all L3 and higher editors are "trusted" and their edits go live immediately.

If the latter, leaving a thin red road on the map is not an indication that it is pending "approval." All map edits unrelated to "places" are accepted immediately from all editors without review (though the L1/L2 editor may need to call in an L3+ to allow a connection to be made to a yellow or heavy red road)
No, leaving a thin red road on the map is an indication that the editor has not read the editing Wiki and lacks the most basic knowledge needed to edit the map. When the road changed color, it indicated that another editor corrected the problem.
I would expect an editor to receive a PM before being outright banned from editing the map, which can only be done by the relatively few L6 RCs.

The L6 contact in the PNW would be Alan of the Berg, and the L6 contact for the Southwest would be Jemay.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by Superb2018
ok, then i will try to give some answer´s, but i cannot find a post from you today in the german forum.

- you know the german forum, you know me and other CM´s / GC´s from germany. Why not use the german forum or PM?

- we have rules and wiki, not very interesting for you, since your first edits

- there are a number of complaints from other user´s

- all edits, also the latest are bad edits, you have your own rules

- you do not respond to any inquiry

Do you need more reasons? Waze is a community. Translation for community in german is Gemeinschaft.

Regards, Thomas
Superb2018
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by serega_12
BTW, I've been contacted by support. They unblocked me! Back to editing! Huge thanks to Alan and Jason for all the help!
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
taco909 wrote:Is there possibly something in the implementation of the new "Places" routine's trusted/untrusted/blocked status of a user's ability to perform place updates from the app crossing into blocking WME editing rights as well?
It sure looks that way in my case.
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message