The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Your editing permissions in Waze have been blocked

Post by
Hi,

To start, i'm sorry for my english, i'm French and i will try to explain my problem.

I'm jobless and since last month i work hard 10-12 hours by day to WME. Last week, i have received a mail "Your editing permissions in Waze have been blocked". I have contacted a manager in France Team, and he send me a answer from Waze Team "we got complaint about him, that he receive massive points and after a check we had, we saw he used scripts for fake location and also for edits".

So, i don't understand this answer. I used Apple MacBook Air with Apple Display 30" with Google Chrome and Apple Safari. And the only Script i used is WME Toolbox from Waze Team.

One day after receive the mail, my points have decreased by 343 000 Points (see the picture in attachment), that's not really big problem, i'm just sad, the problem is... i can't edit now so i can't contribute !

I know that you are hunting bad editors, but it is not my case. I named a lot of city in France, i have repaired a lot of UR and for conclure i like this community and this app.

I hope you find a solution for me because I think it's a mistake. If you see my logs again, you will see that I say the truth.

Thank you
Best Regards

POSTER_ID:13747482

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Hello,

I understand your concern. It is better to take this up in the France forum. You can get more relevant local assistance there.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
chisel86 wrote:There were. I had apparently not replied to a PM and thus my account was locked, but there was no record of said PM in my inbox, only their PM that was quoting it... I am not receiving notifications about PMs so I have no idea when I have one to read.
Then you should turn on such notifications, and/or visit the forum. Otherwise, we have no other way to contact you.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I believe that @yo007wa and I already chatted about this because the name and situation is familiar. I verified they were not map edit blocked and suggested they use the Ask a Question tool on the support page and follow the process to be unblocked.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Arthurbbb
Am a Massachusetts user and my editing permission has been blocked. I do very little editing and only started using the photo/address tagging when arriving at a navigation location. That is all I do in for editing, and somehow I ended up being blocked. Is there any way to correct my ability to edit.

:geek:
Arthur
Arthurbbb
Send a message
Last edited by Arthurbbb on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by coontex
PhilMographer wrote:PMs on here? Or on the Map Editor? I apologize for not replying. I haven't received any messages at all. I assure you I would have replied had I received any messages. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you go to the editor then forums on the top look for messages to see them . Also messages in tapatalk will get you there.

If you do not see it then go to you setting and enable pm if not done so.

coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by coontex
I have just tried to send you a pm so look to see if you have it.

Also in tapatalk you can view you pm messages if set up correctly. You should also get an email to the email address that is linked to your account if you have it set up that way.

coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by davielde
chisel86 wrote:I have also received this notice and am currently blocked from editing. I am in Texas. I don't understand why there would be complaints about my edits. Is there a way to view these complaints? I only correct things that I know are incorrect. Plus, I have added many new roads in my area where there were none on the Waze app. I am considering deleting my account because of this and other very annoying daily problems with Waze.
Are there any unread PMs sitting in your forum inbox? If you still have no explanation, you can message your regional coordinators Jasonh300 and txemt.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
PhilMographer wrote:I live in Spring, TX so if anyone familiar with what I should do could please provide me with tips/advice on how to proceed I would greatly appreciate it.
Phil, if you don't see a private message regarding this in your forum inbox, try sending a PM to either jasonh300 or txemt, who are listed as the Regional Coordinators for your region.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by DerBenz
I have also received this notice and am currently blocked from editing. I am in Texas. I don't understand why there would be complaints about my edits. Is there a way to view these complaints? I only correct things that I know are incorrect. Plus, I have added many new roads in my area where there were none on the Waze app. I am considering deleting my account because of this and other very annoying daily problems with Waze.
DerBenz
Send a message

Post by DerBenz
There were. I had apparently not replied to a PM and thus my account was locked, but there was no record of said PM in my inbox, only their PM that was quoting it... I am not receiving notifications about PMs so I have no idea when I have one to read.
DerBenz
Send a message