These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

New Android beta - 2.1.99.109 - official feedback post

Post by
See details about the latest release here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8553

Your feedback, as always, is appreciated!

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message

Post by Alifanov
Most crash issues seem to be fixed - that's great.
Traffic auto-report works perfectly.

"Roller bug" is killed totally ;) , i.e. with roller itself.
I tried to make a new road, turned roller mode on. New blue road appeared on screen, but cursor appeared as an arrow (not a roller) and stood on the nearest road.

Also, i have some inconstant trouble getting and sending traffic reports to and from my group. I'll try to get it more exact a bit later.
Alifanov
Send a message
Sincerely yours,
Alexander Lifanov
Russia, region 77; blue Nissan Note; Waze @ Android

Post by Alifanov
ALIfanov wrote: Also, i have some inconstant trouble getting and sending traffic reports to and from my group. I'll try to get it more exact a bit later.
I got it. "Internet traffic packing" was turned on. I turned it off and everything worked.

If server doesn't support this option, it'll be good to remove this option.
Alifanov
Send a message
Sincerely yours,
Alexander Lifanov

Post by Alifanov
deim1 wrote:
ALIfanov wrote:Most crash issues seem to be fixed - that's great.
I like new features of this version, but to say that most crashes are fixed - that is a HUGE overestimation.

Every time I start Waze after significant inactivity time (like, more then 2 hours, meaning that Waze is definitely out of memory on Android) - Waze is stuck with black screen after showing an initial blue logo.
I haven't seen this bug neither on 106, nor on 109.
Sony Erisccon Xperia X10 mini Pro, OS version 2.1 upd 1.
Alifanov
Send a message
Sincerely yours,
Alexander Lifanov

Post by deim1
ALIfanov wrote:Most crash issues seem to be fixed - that's great.
I like new features of this version, but to say that most crashes are fixed - that is a HUGE overestimation.

Every time I start Waze after significant inactivity time (like, more then 2 hours, meaning that Waze is definitely out of memory on Android) - Waze is stuck with black screen after showing an initial blue logo. Killing Waze and restarting it does not help - it is stuck again and again. The only thing which helps for sure - killing Waze AND cleaning cache data for waze (and all cached/preloaded maps are gone after this!). Then it starts fine. It is so bad, that I think I have to go back to the previous release version.
Current .109 version is actually much worse then previous .106 in regards to startup issues.
deim1
Send a message
Area Manager - Vaughan, Ontario
Galaxy Nexus (JB 4.1, Waze 3.2)
Nexus S (JB 4.1, Waze 3.2)

Post by dmcconachie
I'm getting the occasional screen freeze now, didn't on previous betas! Pressing back seems to recover it though!

Also still getting the old green arrow, ie waze forgets to follow me! Not as bad as previous version but definitely still there!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
khaytsus wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:I'm getting the occasional screen freeze now, didn't on previous betas! Pressing back seems to recover it though!

Also still getting the old green arrow, ie waze forgets to follow me! Not as bad as previous version but definitely still there!
I've so far only seen this when going into a menu and then back out... During driving without interacting, I haven't seen it happen. So yeah, improvements, but not perfect yet. I think it should snap back to you if you're driving and move X $units away from the map center or something.
Happens without me touching anything - Today I happened to be looking at it when stopped at a junction and watched it happen, the screen didn't move a fraction, there were no new reports, events or screen changes at all other than my wee grey car changing to a green arrow!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
StefanSarzio wrote:I now have had issues with a black screen, too. It happened after switching the screen off and back on again (but not every time).
And for me whilst performing a location search - pressing backup brought me back to the search box and then it worked fine!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by gwystyl
I don't have the issues deim1 is talking about, but I have on other:

sometimes when there's a turn in the route, Waze loses focus on the car in 3D mode. It doesn't follow me from behind anymore, but I see the green arrow driving out of sight. I have to press menu - me on map to get it following me again.

Other than that, I like the new features a lot and waze seems to be working fine.
gwystyl
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.1.2 (i9300XXEMB5), Latest official or beta Waze for Android

Post by harling
I'm very encouraged by the number of fixes I am hearing about. Of course I'm going to reiterate the problems that continue from the previous release, at the risk of sounding like a complainer.

The routing issue that I started seeing back when I was running 3.0.2.0 remains, but I have more information to add. First, the route highlighting is only broken when the client is zoomed in close enough to see ordinary streets. Once you zoom out to the point where the streets disappear, the route highlighting becomes contiguous again--although it still behaves as before, and zooming back in reveals the gaps. Second, while the turn instructions and distance-remaining indicators are correct, no street names are displayed. Again, it seems that the routing server is sending the client the wrong street-segment indices, so the client doesn't know which segments it should be highlighting, or their names.

As mentioned elsewhere, the state-specific scoreboard still is the same as the world scoreboard. Not sure why it is so difficult to restore, unless you didn't make a backup... ;)
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
petervdveen wrote:
harling wrote:unless you didn't make a backup... ;)
Would be nice if some day suddenly all the roads are gone, because there was no back-up :twisted: :twisted:
"Oops." :lol:
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.