These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

New Android beta - 2.2.0.4 - official feedback post

Post by
Hi guys,

this is the post for feedback on the latest android beta version.
Release notes are here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9040

If you'd like to post feedback about the version, you can do so here.
If you need to send us a private email (with logs or any other specific information) about BETA version (not regular support issues) - you are welcome to write to beta@waze.com

Thanks!

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Ktlinde wrote:I have just installed 2.2.0.0 on a original Droid with Android 2.2.2. How can I get the beta Waze 2.2.0.4? I have found Waze great and very useful, I'm excited by the possibilities. I have a request:
Read the first post of this thread.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by avozetta
The audio issue seems to be solved now :D . Works every time for me.
avozetta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
/Anders
Sweden Wiki Master, Sweden Waze Champ, Sweden Country Manager, AM in Sweden/Stockholm area, Waze Beta Tester
Sony Xperia 5 IV Android 13

Post by BastiaanN
tdavis75 wrote:I'm still having problems with Waze freezing up randomly. I have to pull the battery. I can't pin point what causes it to freeze. I'm running on Android 2.3.3.
I have the same issue on my Nexus S running Android 2.3.3. Most of the times it occurs while starting waze but sometimes it also happens when navigating. The phone just completely freezes, even the clock stops updating.

The weird thing is that it never happenend before on my HTC Desire, so it also could be an issue with the phone instead of Waze. But on the otherside, Waze is the only application that crashes the phone. Other software such as games, Navigon and Google Nav. work for hours if not days.
BastiaanN
Send a message
Google Nexus S, Android 2.3.3. - Waze 2.2.0 - Peugeot 207 1.4VTi XR Pack
Area Manager: Twenterand / Hellendoor e.o.

Post by Cova_fe
I've spotted a translation issue (2.2.0.0/3/4).
I have on a route that I frequently use a T-red traffic light (that means traffic lights with a camera that takes a picture if you cross while red). Besides the fact that I don't know how to manage this kind of "speed" traps as area manager, On pre-2.2.0 versions the popup title was "T-red something"; now the italian translation for the same popup is quite funny because it is something like "semaforo rosso davanti" that translates to "red traffic light ahead"... so the user looks puzzled to waze asking how it can know about the traffic light being red or green at a given moment and distance :)

Where can I report translation issues?

Another issue is with long chat/text popups. In some cases the text is so long that the buttons, in landscape mode, falls below the bottom of the screen so it is impossible to push "dismiss", for example.

Samsung galaxy S, froyo
Cova_fe
Send a message
Area manager Ferrara, Florence (Italy)
Android SGS CM7.1 Waze 2.9.99.119

Post by deeggo
First thing I noticed: it is still not possible to report an automated traffic report as irrelevant. The drop down menu only lists "cancel". I think it should be possible to report it as irrelevant, to remove it. The automated data isn't always reliable. There are a couple scenarios that all occur often enough unfortunately:
- some users have bad GPS reception or something. Those people leave a 'dotted line' of traffic jams wherever they go: a piece of heavy traffic road, followed by a piece of traffic-free road, followed by a piece of heavy traffic road again, and so on. I don't know how that happens, maybe their GPS signal gets stuck or something. There are so many users like that, that the dutch forum even came up with a nickname: "strepentrekkers", literally translated as "line drawers".
- traffic jams generated at gas stations or similar stopping locations. Also happens a lot, I remove those too.
- traffic jams that just aren't there anymore. More than seldomly, I pass a location where a traffic jam should be according to the client, either on my side of the freeway or the other. Maybe me passing through a traffic jam at high speed tells the client and the server that the jam is no longer there. But a traffic jam on the other side of the road being vanished can only be seen by my eyes.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
unwallflower wrote:
StefanSarzio wrote:I have the problem that still sometimes speed cameras are only announced visually, but not acoustically.
You sure you're speeding as you approach them? I believe speed cameras only give an audible warning if you are speeding on approach.
True. When you're driving too fast you get an audio signal and the icon goes from orange to red.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
I'm experiencing crashes of the program randomly. There is no error message, no sign, no warning, no freeze, Waze has just closed and is gone. Restarting brings up the "Do you want to continue to your previous destination" message, business as usual after that. I have manually sent a couple of logs the last few days. The program didn't propose that, so clearly doesn't notice something's wrong.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
I'm also having crashes on the official 2.2.0.4 market version. Not very often, but nevertheless. I keep sending error logs every time.

By crash I mean Waze just being gone, no error message.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Oh, I didn't know that.

I'll try driving faster.
Lol, been there!

"Sorry officer, I was just testing my anti-speed-cam software!" ;)
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by gerben
There is no possibility to mark roads as toll roads (yet), so such a function has no use for now.
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png