Forum rules
Welcome to the Belgium Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

Roadblocks

Post by acidoxy
Hello everybody,

What is the rule to indicate a roadblock?
For example on a freeway, what is the speed when I indicate "modéré", "important"... for "arret I know :lol:
I should say from 80 to 120 "modéré" and under 80 "important".
On each type of road, we should work with percentage of the maximum speed.
What do you think?
acidoxy
Country Manager
Country Manager

POSTER_ID:16872755

Send a message

Post by acidoxy
I come back from some days off and take back the discussion.
Of course I speak about traffic jam and I think it could be possible to touch waze users by adding some information in the application like % slowed down.
Maybe to difficult to implement.
acidoxy
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by annickdw
a 'standstill' is only selected if you are in a bumper-to-bumper situation and movement is approximately one car length every 10 minutes and above, and you are NOT at a traffic light junction

moderate and heavy traffic are not specified

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/How_to_Report

Alan, we can makes rules about it, but there are a lot more waze-users than waze-editors... don't expect you can reach everyone

same for 'minor' or 'major' accidents
annickdw
Send a message

Post by annickdw
don't worry, me too... cursed traffic lights (especially the RED ones) - when it generates a traffic jam, it is a traffic jam (I have myopia, I can't see that well in the distance :roll: )
annickdw
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
Well, for starters, i would use the correct terms:
A roadblock is not moderate, severe, standstill... a roadblock is when the road is closed and you use road closures...
Traffic jams are moderate, severe, standstill ...
I don't know if it's really usefull to make some extra classificitation, you use what seems correct to you, based on the aspects of the road and situation.
Routing will take care to determine what the importance is, based on the speed data, versus historical speed data, versus average speed data, ...
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
annickdw wrote:... movement is approximately one car length every 10 minutes and above, and you are NOT at a traffic light junction ...
When it takes that long at a traffic light junction, there's something wrong in my opinion and I report a traffic jam, maybe even a standstill.
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Tomskii
Acidoxy wrote:I come back from some days off and take back the discussion.
Of course I speak about traffic jam and I think it could be possible to touch waze users by adding some information in the application like % slowed down.
Maybe to difficult to implement.
When somebody reports a traffic jam it usually gives a average speed over that section to all other users as well. It uses my speed to calculate it and it goes down as long as it notices the standstill.
Tomskii
Send a message