Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Suggestions from a HUGE fan.

Post by aafd193
So I've been using the app and suggesting it to everyone for quite some time. I have some suggestions for the Waze developers. Please feel free to comment on these ideas.

- Bluetooth: Many of us have bluetooth turned on in our car for phone calls, but listen to the radio. Would be great if Waze would pause the radio to announce turns/alerts.

- Routing: How about an option to enter a different starting point to check routes?

- Weather: From the people I talk with, this seems to be a big one. Can we get the option to NOT have weather announcements as alerts? I can understand if there's black ice on the ground, that would be helpful. But to announce snow and rain when we can see if from a mile out isn't really a helpful alert. Would be nice to turn that off on demand.

- Routing/ETA changes: I usually only leave the sound set to Alerts Only. But when there's a route change or eta change, I never hear it. An example is my 40 mile commute to work. Of course I know my way there, but I use Waze for traffic alerts, not routing. However, if there's a better routing suggestion or eta change, it would be great to appear as a special alert.

- Custom avoidance: There are areas on a route that are completely acceptable to drive on if you don't know your way around, but to someone that travels the area over and over, it would be nice if Waze could have a feature to avoid a painted area. I.e. railroad tracks that are brutal to drive over, a round about, an intersection that's a known problem.

Anyway, that's just a few suggestions after using the app for a year. It's still the best routing app out there!

-Jason
aafd193

POSTER_ID:13640994

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Fine suggestions, although they're likely more appropriate in the Feature Request subforum.

As far as routing goes, any point you select in waze (either through search or by tapping and holding a point on the map and tapping the "i" in the circle) gives you a preview screen. Under the default location tab is a "more" button. If you tap "more," one of the options is "Set as start point." So you can check routes from any start point that you select.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902