Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

100+ duplicate Update Requests closed by me

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
In case it comes up, I found what appears to be a trucker who added over 100 Update Requests outside and inside a rail transfer location (loading/unloading trailers/containers from trains). I solved one as it was missing road and was clear they wanted some of the internal roadways mapped. Done. There was also a couple paved roads nearby from user cplbrian. I don't know if that's the same person who posted all the URs.

I also responded and left open one General Error and one Turn Not Allowed UR. The rest I closed with notes "Closing duplicate request" as Not Identified. Unsure if someone was confused or was going to head to the map and close them all for points, etc. It took me almost 25 minutes to close them all.

I'm dropping this here in case someone drops by to complain about my closing them, or complaining about the hundreds of emails they received/were "spammed" with as part of the adding notes and closing the UR process.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jemay wrote:What area was this?
NW Portland, OR. I've not heard/read a thing, so it must not have been a problem.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by irowiki
I found a spot out in the middle of nowhere by CA/AZ border that had 200+ blank general errors stacked on one cell. That was fun to fix.
irowiki
Send a message

Post by jemay
What area was this?
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by the1who
I have a user that did the same here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat ... 45&env=usa

I have done what Alan did, leaving one to comment on. There might be more under it, but I was unsure if this was the last UR there and didn't want to close it out inadvertently.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.99