These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android v3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Post by
What's New

Keeping up with friends & family is easier than ever before! Put an end to distracting texts and calls–“leaving now,” “Stuck in traffic,” Almost there!”–and let Waze do the work for you.
- Find friends on Waze by adding Contacts
- Send friend requests & manage your list
- New design for sending location
- Locations sent between friends are saved for future navigation
- Easily share drive from ETA screen
- See who’s viewing your shared drive
- Keep Waze on screen when answering calls
- Bug fixes

UPDATE (AlanOfTheBerg): See THIS POST for the download link for users who are getting the message that their device is not supported.

POSTER_ID:4749935

Send a message
Last edited by redviper26 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added Android download post link.

Post by a4bolek
Jimi-Garcia wrote:Same issue on Nexus 5 using T-Mobile network and Android 4.4.4. Once this happens all the best aspects of Waze are gone. I just shut it off and use Google Maps at that point.
Since you have not quoted issue you are responding to. What is it?

BTW new version 3.8.1.0 is available in Play Store since July 17th.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by agentu008
On my zte grand x in after the update it crashes during startup when it says. Initializing..... It worked fine before. Tried reinstall, delete cache, waze folder, restart....nothing worked.....pls help
agentu008
Send a message

Post by Al61
The app only comes out of my phone speaker and not my car speakers even when I am connected via bluetooth in the car. I can issue voice commands to my phone and it responds through the car system but Waze never works through the car system for commands or reports or anything. I have the "Play sound to phone speaker" off and Navigation Guidance is set to English (US) - Samantha Including Street Names is checked. There is no Prefer using Bluetooth option here. My phone is and S4. I have tried hands free mode on and off and have looked and tried several things all with no luck. I am running version 4.2.2. I was hoping to get this to work through the car speakers like google maps does. It will duck the audio that I am listening to and tell me of turns and such. This is not good at all if I cannot have the audio from the car and it interact with what I am listening to. I either have to turn the radio off and listen to Waze through the phone speaker or not use it at all and listen to my radio. Not going to use it much unless I can get this to work. Any help would be much appreciated.
Al61
Send a message

Post by Al61
Does your car Bluetooth play music from your phone, out only connect to the phone when you have a phone call?

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2[/quote]

I have never used bluetooth to play music in my car. I am always using XM in the car.
Al61
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TaviRider wrote:However, you MUST participate in that in order to use the entirely unrelated "Share my drive" feature. I do not wish to participate in Waze's new user matching system, but I do want to send my drive to my wife. This is no longer possible with the 3.8.0 update.
Can't you just send it as a text or email?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TaviRider wrote:Not anymore. That part of the UI isn't available until you enter and confirm your phone number.

EDIT: Or maybe it has been removed. I don't know. I haven't gotten past the phone number confirmation in 3.8.0 yet.
I don't have my phone number confirmed either. Here's the steps I use on iOS. I am hopeful this is the same for Android:

1. Navigate
2. Tap Go
3. Main menu->Share Drive
4. Tap "More sending options" link
5. Tap Text, Email, Copy link ; whichever you want.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Trebilicious wrote:I don't care about all this phone verification blah blah blah people are complaining about. I just want Tom to say street names again! This seems like a fundamental feature that's broken and I'd hate to wait 2 months for 8.3.1.
It will. TTS changed dramatically in this version (the way client/server handle it) and they didn't work out all the bugs. TTS phrases are received late as the client repeats the request to the server to download. But eventually, it does often download, but too late. But it is cached for next time. So, don't clear the cache any more and the number of locations where streetnames does work will slowly increase. They are still working on the TTS bugs.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TaviRider wrote:When I follow those steps, I don't have a "More sending options" link. Have you updated to 3.8.0? Are you on iOS or Android?
Yes.
iOS. I already posted that.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
thumper44312 wrote:Several posts in this thread seems to state that the old ways of sharing drive via text, etc. That ability does still exist.
You are an Android user Frank? I posted those steps above and another user just wrote above that they don't have the "More sending options" link.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dmcconachie wrote:As I've said before, there is a voice option. What about that is difficult to understand?
That option doesn't appear in iOS either. You enter the number and it sends a text. Nothing on the screen allows you to choose other verification methods.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message