Street View Finds: curiosities and unusual scenes during editing

Anyone who edits in Waze knows that an editor’s life isn’t just about segments and restrictions… sometimes Street View gifts us with some real gems!

I’ve already come across people waving at the Google car, a dog “inspecting” a new sign, a barbecue going on in the middle of the afternoon, and even situations that made me zoom in twice just to be sure of what I was seeing.

The idea here is to share those curious, funny, or unusual scenes we find during edits (with common sense, of course).

Let’s see who has the best Street View “find”?

And to start with…

Me opening Street View to check the sign… and the driver already securing the entertainment bonus of the edition.

I remember one time I drove the wrong way down a street in a favela and ended up being stopped by 10 men with rifles. Curious, I went to check out the street on Google Maps… Back then you could see it better, but Google ended up removing some things, skipping over some spots. But I can still see the drug spot on a normal day and on another day with the cops.


Who said SV doesn’t map ferries?

That was cruel

Elevated vehicle crossing! :laughing:
Pedestrians will have to struggle! :rofl:

Fine industry :pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers:

What’s with this squeeze here?

Street View car in February 2026 passing by my street! :eye:


*During edits, I noticed updated images from February and March 2026! :star_struck:

It was painful just to look at. My OCD was triggered, hehehehe

I think they forgot to put the camera on the outside of the car :rofl:

Note: Official Google image