I reported roadworks and the lane is now blocked on the map!

Today I reported roadworks using Android Auto and later saw in the app that the alert displayed on the map was for a closed lane.

I found it strange because the lane closed alert isn’t under the Hazard option, so there was no way I could have selected it by mistake.

I tested it using the app on my phone and the roadworks alert shows up on the map.

But the app itself shows that I did indeed send a roadworks report!

Could this be a recurring bug?

Hi @marxmr !

This usually happens when other Wazers also report alerts at or near the same location. Because of this, the app merges the alerts, and the most recently reported type is the one that appears on the screen.

Another situation is that when passing by a “Construction” site, the app “asks” if there is a lane closure? When the user(s) report the respective lane closure, the alert changes from “Construction” to “Lane closed”!


*I couldn’t find an image in Portuguese!

This happened to me too: I requested the inclusion of a construction alert on a Federal Highway and when passing by the spot it had changed to “Left lane closed”!

Best.

I thought exactly that, but I didn’t reply because I wasn’t sure if the feature was in the production app or beta only.

But then the alert should be under the name of whoever reported it. In this case, the left lane was blocked and the error appeared under my name!

It’s 100% in Production in the App - Android and iOS and In-Car - AA; CarPlay - N/A.