Yesterday I was traveling from the city of Auburn, CA area south to the city of San Fernando, CA. I simply fired off the Waze app and told it navigate to San Fernando. No matter what I did with it, the app insisted I had to take Hwy 99 through the central valley instead of the quicker I5. Even when we actually made it through Sacramento and were traveling on I5 it wanted me to take any road it could find to cross over the valley, go an hour out of my way to get back to Hwy 99 and continue south. This was quite annoying. I even tried telling it to navigate to Harris ranch (right next to I5 halfway down the valley) and it routed me down the 99 and again over an hour to cross to the 5 :?
Is there some way to choose alternate routes in the app? Is the app for some reason biased against I5?
The main reason I was going to use it was for traffic info and navigating the confusing interchanges in Sacramento. We switched over to a plain maps app for that and retried Waze once we had reached the Stockton area. We tried once more near Hwy 33 and it wanted us to cross over again, so we ended up giving up. I could have just left it in map mode but the wife was fed up by then.
I know that I have seen where the first results that is returned in the phone is not always the fastest so I have always made of point to check other routes and you should have been able to see the I-5 route…