ok the country manager… someone needs to bann this user… onlikesean
he is making very bad map edits all over https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=-61.43293&lat=10.41978&layers=997&zoom=5
I will check him, a bann him if necessary, regards.
Hi Adam, you did not selected any road, so I don´t know what is the problem?
ok so this same person edit bad again at this location… https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=-61.37701&lat=10.33128&layers=997&zoom=3
i cannot however edit bcuz i hav not driven there… its the guaracara tabaquite rd… at ever junction point dere is a no entry
Hi Adam, I already sent the request to bann the user, I am fixing all the intersections. If you find other damaged places let know.
May I ask what are the bad edits?
Sure,
This user onlikesean, was disconnecting every intersection, which means that Waze could not use them to route, we tried to contact him by PM, he answer a couple days later and agreed to edit more carefully, so he was unblock. The idea with ban users is to call their attention so they correct the way they are editing and prevent a major damage to the map.
Regards
OK. We get lots of that happening with new users. What we need is someway to get first time editors to read the ‘best practices’ that have been suggested.
Plus i believe this is happening because the satellite images are offset from the actual GPS tracks since the images were updated after Google took over. People see the offset and try to redo the roads to the satellite images and disconnect roads and sometimes don’t reconnect them. when they do reconnect the leave all the turns blocked.
Don’t know how we are going the deal with this in the long term.
Yes you are right, but there is no way to force them to read before edit, so if you find people destroying the map, let me know. Believe it or not the ban really works to call their attention.
I’ll be also reporting any suspicious activity,
But there is something I’ve also noticed here, road segments have tons of junctions and nodes, and I consider there is going to be an issue if nobody pays atrtention to it, I made several edits on same roads in order to remove as much as I can, but it is really a long work.
I’ll be working on this if there is no problem to continue.
Please let me know if need some hel in other spceific tasks.
Kind regards.
Before removing roads or nodes, and editing at Trinidad and Tobago you should ask for guidance to the local community.
I consider that an editor should go outside his own country only when his own map is finally done. And not edit everywhere just for points, so which is your case, what is your motivation to go to Trinidad? ?
Good morning Felipe,
I don’t wan to disturb T&T maps, I want to contribute a little there because I noticed to many problems in your roads as I explained in other forum threads.
I would like to help improving your maps just by keeping them without uncompleted roads, (or excessive geometry nodes which doesn’t mean to get many points).
Other issues are more like native editors to be aware of.
My motivation is that I work for a company which have business there (the only Caribbean island with petrochemical industries).
I know one guy (actually a friend) which is from Trinidad Island (near La Brea town), He told me that he would like to keep using Waze like he could use it in the US or Here in Cartagena-Colombia, but he got frustrated because the app had a very bad navigating issues.
That’s why we were reading over your forums and We’ve noticed that there aren’t too many editors around that area.
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=141638
Then I decided to go and ask for an area to be managed, I realized that Trinidad is not self managed then I had to use international request form.
I didn’t want to overpass country manager authority or native editors preferences, and finally I decided to introduce myself on your forums.
I’m planning to go there in representation of the company I work for in order to execute a low profile project by the end of the years.
Hello I am very new to the editor. I have tried to re-name roads, etc. accordingly…
If I have made any errors I would be very grateful to be corrected.
There is one naming issue in one area in the south easter area of Trinidad, near the Rio Claro region…it is called Libertyville on the map…the correct name is Libertville.
I also have tried to insert a detour in the main road (Naparima Mayaro Road), close to San Pedro, Poole, where a bridge is being re-constructed along the main road…I have no idea whether I have done the correct thing…
Thanks for any thoughts.
Hello I am very new to the editor. I have tried to re-name roads, etc. accordingly…
If I have made any errors I would be very grateful to be corrected.
There is one naming issue in one area in the south easter area of Trinidad, near the Rio Claro region…it is called Libertyville on the map…the correct name is Libertville.
I also have tried to insert a detour in the main road (Naparima Mayaro Road), close to San Pedro, Poole, where a bridge is being re-constructed along the main road…I have no idea whether I have done the correct thing…
Thanks for any thoughts.
Hi LordVega, if you have doubts about the right way of editing, is better to ask the community for advise before make changes, you may also need to learn about how to extract permalinks out of the editor, so you can attach it here and then we could see exactly what you mean.
Regards
Ok thanks for your advice…I will attempt to be more precise. ![]()
I know it’s the wrong place but just giving it a try…this segment is opened but map is advising to use side roads
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=-61.25637&lat=10.27433&layers=2981&zoom=4&segments=201504509,201504508,283974543,198891346
You are right Lordvega, Waze is not routing trough those segments, but it seems that Adam already fixed it. Cause I couldn’t find the issue.