Hello fellow Wazers, I’m new to this part of the app and I’m not quite sure where to post my question. Today I had the misfortune of running a red light (the sun was in my eyes and by the time I realized it, it was too late) and given my fear of traffic tickets, I went to check if the traffic light has an enforcement camera. To my surprise, I found cameras that look like the ones that monitor red light crossings. They don’t appear in the app or on Google Maps. I searched online for information and didn’t find much; the little I saw is that cameras were installed in that area to prevent crime (it didn’t go into much detail). The intersection is approximately at Diagonal Capraro and Av. 12 de Octubre (San Carlos de Bariloche - Río Negro Province - Argentina) in both directions, leaving and entering Bariloche. My question is, does anyone know if those are red light cameras? And in the event that the cameras in question are indeed enforcement cameras, how do I go about adding them to make my contribution to the community? Looking forward to your replies, Nicolás. Thanks for your time. Greetings from Argentina.
Hi! Welcome to the Waze Argentina community!\nThat’s the thing with cameras—at a glance, you can’t tell if they’re for traffic fines or security.\nIf you’ve researched it and couldn’t confirm, it’s often hard to track down that information. I’m not finding any info confirming they’re for traffic fines either.\nThere’s often signage warning about photographic monitoring for traffic light compliance. If you keep passing through there, maybe you’ll spot some signs.\nIt’s not the best news, but the only way to be sure is if you receive a notification.\nStreet View images are more than three years old. They aren’t useful for seeing how things currently look.