Dirt roads in Clairmont Ontario

These roads and many other roads in this area are unpaved. I think that they are pretty heavily used and are certainly not 4x4 tracks. I guess I am asking if the rating of these roads should be changed or left as is. If they are going to change than I will take the time to drive over there and catalog which ones are dirt and which are not.

Let me know if I should care

Thanks

W

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-79.16518&lat=43.97186&layers=805&zoom=4&segments=80058643,86546563,80058645,60469880,60422266,59970395

The suggestion to differentiate unpaved (driveable) roads from 4x4 (require off-road equipment) roads in the Waze classification has been put forward to Waze several times.
My prediction is that at some point this will be addressed and changed, but I don’t know the ETA on this.
In the meantime, if you need to travel on those kind of roads I would suggest changing your settings to avoid long dirt roads and not to avoid them completely.
The good thing is that if your end point is on such a segment, Waze will route you there, even if your settings ask to avoid them.

HM.

Thanks for your reply.

I do get that I can ask waze to avoid unpaved roads, I guess what I am asking is if Waze knows that these roads are dirt. I couldn’t tell if there was a setting that needs to be checked. They are classified as ‘Street’ right now and I question if avoid dirt roads will rout around them. If that is or is not the case, should I take the time to change them all to ‘Dirt Road/4X4 Trail’

W

unpaved roads should be marked as dirt roads.

HM.

Roger that

I will make notes of the area and start changing them to dirt where they are not paved.