Ghost/Duplicate Petrol Stations

[Split from old Adding Petrol Stations thread]
[See older thread for more Ghost Pretrol Stations]

Tim, not sure you can help or not. I still get doubled Morrison station here in the client. Could you check how we can fixed it? Thanks in advance.

HQ claimed to have fixed this problem, but only the ones we’ve reported to them. I’ll pass this one on too, and find out where they are with a generic fix.

Please report any other ghost stations you know of here

We need to pass existing duplications to them but they reckon no new (undeletable) duplicates should be created.

Here’s the ones I know of:

https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=50.83496&lon=-0.79709&zoom=7&landmarks=503798 Correct: Tesco - Tesco Chichester Extra Petrol , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Chichester Extra
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=50.8362&lon=-0.07751&zoom=7&landmarks=799019 Correct: Esso - Woodingdean Express , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Woodingdean Express
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=50.85758&lon=-1.05032&zoom=7&landmarks=917949 Correct: Jet - Widley Service Stn , Ghost: Jet - ROCHESTER
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=50.88698&lon=-1.24741&zoom=7&landmarks=132571 Correct: Tesco - Tesco Service Station , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Fareham Whiteley
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=50.91528&lon=-1.25996&zoom=7&landmarks=792021 Correct: BP - BP Service Station , Ghost: Total - Botley Service Station
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.10684&lon=-0.86646&zoom=7&landmarks=857205 Correct: Jet - Woolmer Service Station , Ghost: Jet - ALLESLEY
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.12469&lon=-0.16202&zoom=7&landmarks=885866 Correct: Tesco - Tesco Crawley Hazelwick , Ghost: Tesco - blank name (3 of them!)
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.21722&lon=-1.47484&zoom=7&landmarks=804489 Correct: Tesco - Tesco Andover Extra , Ghost: BP - APPROACH-ANDOVER LTD ANDOVER
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.25007&lon=-1.11388&zoom=7&landmarks=943659 Correct: Shell - Shell Pied Piper , Ghost: Shell - SHELL PIED PIPER (073).
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.26818&lon=0.49382&zoom=7&landmarks=769063 Correct: Esso - Maidstone Express , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Maidstone Tonbridge Road Express
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.27328&lon=0.04236&zoom=7&landmarks=1627071 Correct: Shell - Clacket Lane Eastbound (ACW) , Ghost: Independent - Clacket Lane Eastbound (ACW)
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.28334&lon=-0.96109&zoom=7&landmarks=916576 Correct: Texaco - Elite Hook Service Station , Ghost: Texaco - Elite Hook Service Stn
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.29872&lon=0.43748&zoom=7&landmarks=800305 Correct: Esso - Larkfield Express , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Larkfield Express
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.31104&lon=0.44055&zoom=7&landmarks=935833 Correct: Tesco - Tesco Larkfield , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Aylesford Lunsford Park Extra
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.31166&lon=-0.3353&zoom=7&landmarks=131347 Correct: Tesco - Tesco Petrol Leatherhead , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Leatherhead
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.3361&lon=-0.50656&zoom=7&landmarks=799703 Correct: Esso - West Byfleet Express , Ghost: Tesco - West Byfleet Old Woking Road Esso Express
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.34114&lon=-0.8195&zoom=7&landmarks=802385 Correct: Esso - Yateley Tesco Express , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Yateley Esso Express
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.37528&lon=-0.2044&zoom=7&landmarks=875311 Correct: Tesco - Tesco Petrol Sutton Cheam , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Sutton Cheam Extra
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.405&lon=-0.74799&zoom=7&landmarks=775459 Correct: Shell - Shell Bracknell , Ghost: Shell - SHELL BRACKNELL (655).
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.44056&lon=-0.0592&zoom=7&landmarks=985079 Correct: Esso - Forest Hill Express , Ghost: Esso - FORESTHILL EXPR. (D)
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.44165&lon=-1.0602&zoom=7&landmarks=867853 Correct: Sainsbury’s - Sainsbury’s Calcot , Ghost: Sainsbury’s - Sainsbury’s
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.45898&lon=-0.92136&zoom=7&landmarks=302431 Correct: BP - BP Express Shopping Ltd , Ghost: BP - SONNING CONNECT READING
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.48174&lon=-0.48009&zoom=7&landmarks=216035 Correct: Shell - Shell Heathrow , Ghost: Total - Total Peggy Bedford
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.48722&lon=-0.86873&zoom=7&landmarks=790659 Correct: BP - BP Twyford Filling Station , Ghost: BP - TWYFORD CONNECT READING
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.50156&lon=-0.56699&zoom=7&landmarks=801954 Correct: Esso - Slough Express , Ghost: Tesco - Tesco Slough Esso Express

:shock: Wow…how long did you take to collect sooooooo many :mrgreen:

In the netherlands we have also. Strange detail, some ‘ghost’ GS’s only appear in iOS devices. They are caused by import of GS data. There is no fix or script that fix these. They have to be deleted by hand from the DB.

I’ve passed that list to support to deal with.

How long have we had petrol prices on Waze? 6 months perhaps. I’ve just recorded them as I’ve found them. And then I did spend an hour or so checking before making that post.

Hi Guys,

We have deleted the duplicate gas stations from the list except this one which we could not find the duplicates:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lat=51.12469&lon=-0.16202&zoom=7&landmarks=885866
Correct:Tesco - Tesco Crawley Hazelwick , Ghost: Tesco - blank name (3 of them).

Please let me know if there are more problems,

Thanks,

Shira

Thanks for the deletions.

With regard to Tesco Crawley Hazelwick, if you set up a very short journey in the area by, on the phone:
Navigate, type (postcode) RH10 1GY, search, select “more”, then “set as start point”,
then type RH10 3BG, go,
then add-a-stop, category petrol stations & prices

you get a list of petrol stations of which the top two (assuming you have sort by distance rather than price) are both Tesco 0 miles away. One is called “Tesco Crawley Hazelwick” and is correct, the other has a blank name and is a ghost.

Last time I actually went there, the phone came up four Tesco stations at the same spot, of which only one was real. Hopefully the other two have gone now, but I fear they may still be there, just not be appearing at a distance because their prices have expired.

Posted in another thread, can you delete ‘Total - South Anston Service Station’ from this location?

We deleted the station you mentioned.

In order to delete a ghost station we need an exact location or name,

Thanks,

Shira

Shira,
I can still see these double stations. Could you check it again please?
Thanks,
Leo

Hi,
Can you tell me the name of the station? in the editor the name is “Morrisons Cowgate Petrol Station”.
Are there two stations with the same name?

Thanks,
Shira

As you can see from these two screen shots, the ghost station(s) has no name, or blank name, and seems to be located in the middle of the real Tesco Crawley Hazelwick station (postcode RH10 1GY)
IMG_1070.PNG
IMG_1071.PNG
Ian

I’ll get back to you as soon as I drive pass it 2nite.

Hi Shira,
The ‘Morrisons Cowgate Petrol Station’ is the correct one. The Ghost stations is just called ‘Morrisons’.
Leo

Hi Leocylau and Ditchi56,

We will soon run a process that will solve and avoid the ghost gas stations issue.

The stations that you mentioned will be fixed when we will run the process.

Thanks,

Shira

Thanks. I found another ghost petrol station but I belive I don’t have to post it here at the moment.

This ghost is still haunting!